Contract Role in Melbourne
As an integral part of the Collaboration Services team, the Patch Management Engineer is responsible for developing, managing and implementing Windows and 3rd party patch management methodologies using a variety of automation and deployment tool sets to and enterprise environment. Key items include.
- End to End Windows Security and Vulnerability Updates
- SCCM WSUS management.
- Vulnerability management of 3rd party applications.
- Monthly reporting and of vulnerabilities within the environment
- Vulnerability & Patch Management for cloud managed devices
- PCI and auditing reporting and remediation.
- Manage the end to end Desktop lifecycle for security and patch management on the Business Windows Desktop and Laptop environment
- Contribution to Strategic funded projects and Production Service Initiatives.
- Maintain compliance for industry certifications such as PCI and GISO industry requirements.
- Responsible for deployment and management of identified application and operating system security vulnerabilities.
- Resolution of service issues related to workplace & device services in alignment with agreed IS Operational processes and tools (e.g. via security incident allocations and requests, escalation processes and reporting requirements). This includes On-Call support on a rostered basis.
- Create and maintain reports for patch compliance and system audit data.
- Document issues and associated resolutions to problems.
- Participate in OS patch management and coordination.
- Development and delivery of non-standard application patch management through industry recognized standards and practices.
- Develop and testing of Windows and 3rd party security patch packages.
- Troubleshoot Windows OS and Microsoft and other application security patch installations.
- Take a lead role in directed research activities related to workplace & device Services
- Lead and manage \’Proof of Concept\’ activities in relation to new technologies applicable to security and patch management delivery and compliance.
- Ongoing maintenance & administration of assigned systems.
- Adherence to policies, processes and procedures within your areas of responsibility.
- Assistance with execution of projects related to areas of responsibility.
- Initiate and lead the review and redesign of processes or procedures in relation to workplace & device services compliance and patch management, on an ongoing basis, to deliver improved team productivity or efficiency.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance across all teams within Service Management as required.
- Provide senior Subject Matter Expert (SME) advice and consultation in relation to core competencies to all areas of the business as required.
- Work as an effective Production Services team member. Including the support, mentoring and coaching of other team members and recognizing contributions of others to ensure team goals are achieved.
- Other responsibilities as directed by Workplace & Device Services Manager.
- Tertiary qualifications in Information Systems or related business discipline or equivalent industry experience
- Strong commercial acumen and leadership skills required
- Strong influencing and collaboration skills required
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to work within various team structures to deliver business outcomes
- Strong understanding of data communication concepts and network/software configuration management.
- Familiar with standard security best practices.
- Knowledge of PCI Remediation and various audit requirements.
- Knowledge and experience with Systems Center Configuration Manager \”SCCM\”.
- Knowledge and experience with automated software delivery systems.
- Extensive knowledge of scripting languages – preferably PowerShell and VB Scripting.
- Knowledge and experience of Install Shield, WIX or similar product for packaging requirements.
- Working knowledge of Citrix and application delivery management.
- Individual must interact extensively with all levels of management, business and IT, and is required to act in a professional and confident manner.
- Self-motivator possessing a high sense of urgency and a high level of integrity.
- Experience in an enterprise-class IT organization, managing 1000+ distributed (Windows) systems.
- Industry-related certifications a plus.
- Able to work well under pressure and within short time constraints.
- Excellent documentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to efficiently prioritize and organize competing work demands with little oversight.
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Steve on 03 8506 6527 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.
Connect with Adaps: