- UX Designer
- 9 months contract
- Large Federal Department @ Canberra
- Australian Citizens with Baseline Clearance is a must
Adaps has been scouted to source UX Designer for a large federal department @ Canberra.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Translate concepts into wireframes and mock-ups that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate client\’s product visions by researching, conceiving, wire framing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for digital products.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mock-ups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Conduct UX Research using relevant tools and techniques to understand the users and their needs and identifies the requirements of the product.
- Work closely with a cross-functional and interdisciplinary team that includes other UX Designers, Developers, Project and Product Management, Business Analysts, Quality Assurance, and Business Partners among other team members.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Bachelor\’s/Master\’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field with 4-8 years of overall experience. Candidates with equivalent practical experience are also welcome.
- Three or more years of UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- A solid grasp of user-centred design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be willing to help teammates, share knowledge and experience with them, and learn from them.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry\’s latest trends and technologies.
- Having product development background desired.
- Artistic eye for design and the ability to think creatively
- Quantitative aptitude and strong problem-solving skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- An understanding of the latest trends and their role in a commercial environment
- Self-development skills to keep up to date with fast-changing trends
- Professional approach to time, costs and deadlines
Note: Australian Citizens are preferred with
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Kish on 03 8506 6521 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.
Connect with Adaps: