Position Title: Technical Specialist – SQL Databases Refresh
Contract : 12 Months
Start Date : June 26th, 2017
One of our Federal client, located in Parramatta is looking for Technical Specialist – SQL providing technical expertise within the SQL Server Database streams of work.
The role requires extensive knowledge of relational databases, specifically Microsoft SQL Server Platforms (including all versions 2005, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2016). The role involves liaison across all areas of Business and Technology Services, specifically Technology Operations and Client Systems. The aim of the role is to assist in upgrading and continually refreshing the SQL database assets to ensure ongoing operational stability and currency, with minimal disruption to business and working within the change management process.This role will report directly to the Project Manager, and present to the Technology Asset Refresh Programme Manager, as required.
- Responsible for refresh of hundreds of SQL Server databases and associated database management processes
- Responsible for migration of applications and data from legacy SQL servers and operating systems e.g. SQL Server 2003/2005 to strategic platforms (virtualized and consolidated)
- Work closely with Technology support teams and applications teams to coordinate migrations while ensuring minimal disruption to business
- Evaluate suitability of Cloud Hosting options for SQL databases in future and subsequent impact to operational processes
- Documentation and presentation of technical solutions and change requests
- Assist with disaster recovery tests and production cutover
- Drive the implementation of technical solutions as it relates to the refresh of Servers, Storage or Operating Systems
- Report to Project Manager and manage communications with technology operations, policing systems and external vendor specialists
- Adhere to all CLIENT policies and guidelines including information securit
- All other tasks as directed by the Project Manager and/or PMO related to delivering / supporting the Program/Project
- Agree to participate in security vetting procedures prior to engagement and/or at regular intervals (generally every 12 months) during contract period
- Demonstrated experience in SQL Server technologies on various server platforms e.g. Physical servers, virtualized and consolidated, Cloud hosting
- Demonstrated experience in migrating databases and data from legacy platforms to new platforms hardware and operating systems
- Demonstrated experience to be able to coordinate amongst several operational and applications teams to implement a solution
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of several versions of Microsoft SQL Server environments sufficient to support upgrades across a diverse range of applications and business users;
- Demonstrated high level of drive, determination and organisation skills in overcoming project obstacles to meet targets
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies specifically in relation of database hosting
- Knowledge of IT-as-a-Service model including Platform-as-a-Service within large organizations
- Knowledge of Storage (SAN, NAS and backup) Technologies as it relates to databases
- Knowledge of Networking technologies as it relates to databases
Note: Australian citizens preferred for thie role
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call on 03 8506 6546 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.
Connect with Adaps: