- Parramatta, NSW
- Contract for 8 months on a view to extend
- Large Federal Department
- Opportunity to get Baseline clearance sponsored by the client
Adaps has been scouted to source Technical Specialist – Senior Server Engineer for a Large Federal Department in Parramatta.
This role will be responsible for providing Technical expertise within the Server Refresh streams of work. The role requires extensive knowledge of Server Platforms – hardware (e.g. blades/chassis infrastructure, physical servers like Dell and HP) and software (e.g. Virtualisation technologies and Operating Systems specifically Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012). The role involves liaison across all areas of Business and Technology Services, specifically Technology Operations and Policing Systems.
- Responsible for refresh of physical and virtual servers and associated operating systems;
- Responsible for migration of applications from legacy servers and operating systems e.g. Windows Server 2003 to strategic platforms (virtualised and consolidated);
- Work closely with Technology support teams and applications teams to coordinate migrations while ensuring minimal disruption to business;
- Documentation and presentation of technical solutions and change requests;
- Assist with disaster recovery tests and production cutover;
- Drive the implementation of technical solutions as it relates to the refresh of Servers, Storage or Operating Systems;
- Report to Project Manager and manage communications with technology operations, policing systems and external vendor specialists;
- Demonstrated experience in Server technologies e.g. Blades/Chassis, Virtualisation, Operating Systems specifically Windows Operating Systems and Linux;
- Demonstrated experience in migrating applications from legacy platforms to new platforms – hardware and operating systems;
- Demonstrated experience to be able to coordinate amongst several operational and applications teams to implement a solution;
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of Microsoft physical and virtual standard operating environments sufficient to support upgrades across a diverse range of applications and business users;
- Demonstrated high level of drive, determination and organization skills in overcoming project obstacles to meet targets;
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies specifically in relation of Virtualisation and databases;
- Knowledge of IT-as-a-Service model including Platform-as-a-Service within large organisations;
- Knowledge of Storage (SAN, NAS and backup) Technologies;
- Knowledge of Networking technologies – LAN and WAN;
- Knowledge of data centre installations e.g. racking, cabling, etc.
- Experience configuring Hyper-Converged Infrastructure (HCI) using VMWare technologies (vSAN, NSX) as the target environment from legacy operating environments.
- Experience in the migration of Virtual Machines from private to secure public cloud service providers as a target solution platform.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, VMWare, Linux, JBoss products, services and technology solution environments including in house and cloud offerings.
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Sanky on 03 9956 1175 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please share your resume in Word format only.