Technical Lead/Senior ADABAS Natural Programmer
Duration: 4 months contract + possible extension
My large Government client is currently looking for a Technical Lead/Senior ADABAS Natural Programmer. The Senior ADABAS Natural Developer is responsible for developing, maintaining and supporting IT applications to deliver projects and solutions, meeting business needs. This position reports directly to the Project Manager.
- Contribute to project delivery by assisting in developing technical specifications, systems design and operational support documentation;
- Develop robust and future-proof application solutions in accordance with the approved software development lifecycle;
- Develop applications that comply with the client\’s information technology policies, procedures, standards and security practices by maintaining awareness of and applying requirements and architecture standards and taking corrective action where necessary;
- Provide ongoing support and maintenance of applications by troubleshooting, detecting and correcting faults and performing technical impact analysis;
- Supervise a team of programmers, liaise with Architects, Senior Analyst Programmers, functional specialists and other technical/end user staff to ensure solutions meet business requirements;
- Undertake continuous improvement activities within the team by initiating, coordinating and undertaking peer code reviews;
- Document current business process flows;
- Gather and analyse business and technical requirements;
- All other tasks as directed by the Project Manager and/or PMO related to delivering / supporting the Project;
Key Selection Criteria (KSC):
- Minimum of 5 years continuous experience of working as a Adabas Natural Programmer for major ICT programs/projects;
- Demonstrated experience in leading and motivating a team of developers;
- Demonstrated experience in developing solution designs, technical specifications and systems designs in the relevant technologies;
- Demonstrated experience and high degree of competency in NATURAL Programming including both in Online and Batch modes;
- Demonstrated ability to conduct full design and code reviews for new and modified modules;
- Demonstrated experience in ADABAS Database\’s manipulation using NATURAL;
- Demonstrated experience in JCL, TSO and partitioned data sets;
- Knowledge in the development of web based application using for example AJAX, HTML, XHTML, XML, CSS, JSP, JAVA;
- Demonstrated extensive experience using a relevant (Agile, Waterfall or Rational Unified Process) software development lifecycle;
- Demonstrated ability participate in joint application design sessions with appropriate users and liaise with Client Services to achieve user requirements;
- Demonstrated ability to deal professionally, tactfully and effectively with various stakeholders (both internally and externally) at all organisational levels.
Please send your CV along with the above KSC in a word format.
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below. Applications close on the 18th of July or based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.
Connect with Adaps:
- Facebook: httpssss://www.facebook.com/AdapsIT
- LinkedIn: httpsss://www.linkedin.com/company/adaps
- Website: www.adaps.com.au