- Startup environment in Melbourne CBD
- Fantastic Permanent opportunity
- Previous Startup/ Consulting/ Software solutions experience necessary
The primary purpose of this newly formed role is to lead and manage this Startup\’s Software Development team in their Software Solutions division to drive the development and production of market leading integrated software solutions for multi industry customers. This is a rewarding opportunity for a passionate Development Manager who really wants to bring the best out of a team.
Key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Technical capability management including assessing capability requirements, undertaking recruitment, defining training needs, maintaining skills matrix etc.
- Develop, implement, monitor, report and provide financial and delivery forecasts of the software development team performance against targets
- Ensure software development activities align with the company strategy and deliver quality business outcomes
- Drive open and effective communication with key stakeholders including technical teams, project managers, business analysts, support analysts and business managers
- Manage the team to meet agreed utilisation targets
- Focus on delivering solutions to meet business objectives factoring in the varying requirements of internal and external customers
You will have the following:
- Tertiary qualified in a relative discipline
- Familiarity with or a background in Microsoft .NET, Python, relational DBMS including Oracle, SQL Server, PostGIS, virtualisation and cloud services including Hyper-V and Amazon Web Services, data warehouses including Redshift, BI tools including Tableau or spatial tools and libraries including Open Layers
- Understanding of implementation and use of associated tool chains, preferably including JIRA, GIT, Team City, Nuget/Proget, Octopus Deploy, Selenium
- Proven ability to write to high quality documentation and to set standards for direct reports preferably within a Startup environment
- Solid understanding of modern software development practices including Waterfall and Agile methodologies, Continuous Delivery, Test Driven Design, requirement, task, release and version management, code reviews, Continuous Integration, Automated Testing, and automated Deployment
- Excellent written and verbal communication as well as strong stakeholder engagement skills
Apply now for immediate consideration by sending your CV in word format.