- Technical Delivery Lead/Technical Project Manager
- 3- month Contract the view to extend
- Large Insurance & Healthcare Org
- $800 – $1000/day Incl Super (Negotiable for the right candidate)
- To manage and coordinate the delivery of tasks that are the responsibility of various technology teams for the project. This would involve managing a register of requests, and working with the various technology teams to coordinate delivery, remove blockers, align to timelines, etc.
- It will involve providing advice, or identifying and working with Subject Matter Experts to provide direction from a technology perspective for the project to better achieve their outcomes (i.e. it may be better to use a SQL database for the analysis, rather than a spreadsheet, etc.).
- Provide visibility to the Head of Technology, of key issues, risks, dependencies for the various technology items in play
- Hire and manage the technology resources that are directly on the project
- Work operationally with the project leads to keep track of the various technology needs and requests
- Coordinate delivery and priority of requests with the various technology fulfilment teams, and be a path for escalation where required
Qualifications, Training and Experience
- Project Management Experience
- Experience in delivery and execution (operational and strategic)
- Experience in managing executive level stakeholders
- Responsible for understanding the risks, accountabilities, rules, and processes associated with my role.
- Report issues, incidents, and complaints in a timely manner.
- Understand the laws, regulations, policies, and procedures that apply and ensure controls enabling compliance are built into documented processes and procedures
- Apply information security skills and / or experience to perform the required obligations of the organisation effectively and securely.
- Delivering fair outcomes for consumers and understanding your regulatory obligations.
- Be accountable and take ownership for ensuring you are familiar with all regulatory requirements that fall within the remit of your role and always comply with them. Seek guidance if you need support understanding your regulatory requirements. Notify, without delay, any potential or actual breach of regulation.
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Steve on (03) 9306 1450 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements