- You must have experience as an IT Consulting Senior Consultant or Manager and have led teams on-site.
- You must also have excellent communication skills, commitment to this specialty and the ability to work under pressure while delivering the highest quality outcomes.
- 5+ years\’ experience managing an enterprise operations environment.
- Previous experience in the operation and management of a large enterprise WAN/LAN environment.
- You must also be able to fit into a really interesting, proactive business that is constantly looking to improve and innovate.
- If positive change doesn\’t suit you then this role won\’t suit you.
- Responsible for the departments IT infrastructure, ICT security and network communications – managing the performance, service levels, procurement, installation, upgrading, operation, policies, procedures, and maintenance (including storage and communication of data, voice, text, audio and images) * The preparation for new or changed services, management of the change process, and the transition of new capability into production
- Networking & infrastructure
- Systems support
- Software support including MRP, food supply Chain, ware housing, transport, maintenance, farm management, milk production software and other related software.
- Managing two technical resources
- Standardisation of processes and procedures
- Liaise with senior management to maintain access pertaining to sensitive staffing/business issues
- Risk assessment and maintenance of security (networking/software and physical access/building)
- Disaster recovery processes (assess, strategy and implementation)
- Staff appraisal, performance management and bonus reviews
- Staff interviewing, hiring and mentoring/shadowing
- Hold weekly meetings with staff to maintain transparency, departmental direction and staff focus
- Assist with IT budget
- Purchasing of all hardware and software
- Time management and coordination of staff for projects on a weekly, monthly and annual scale
- Ensure projects are completed and deadlines are met
- Regular meetings with other managers to maintain direction and support for their staff Occasional travel to regional offices for project purposes.
- Technical experience in the Microsoft application environment eg. MS Exchange, MS Server, SQL, SharePoint is desirable
- Networking (LAN/WAN/Switching/Routing) experience
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of infrastructure projects
- Strong knowledge of client software needs and server hardware
- Manufacturing and farming Industry related IT management experience (preferred but not essential)
- Good communication skills (verbally and written)
- Confidence to deal with all levels of staff and management
- Staff management at a local level
- High level of confidentiality
- Good leadership skills (decision making, consistent approach, suitable management of available resources).