- Permanent opportunity in Melbourne
- Salary $108k excluding super per Annum
- Largest Product based Organisation
The Production Support Engineer will drive quality outcomes for clients and enable engineering teams by providing capabilities focused on the supportability and reliability of client software. The role ensures both engineering and operationally focused teams work seamlessly as one combined, end-2-end product engineering team. The role requires an ability to work with a diverse range of internal and external technical & engineering teams, to ensure a highly reliable, automated product engineering & operational capability exists.
- Contribute, support and deliver the strategic vision for Support and Reliability Engineering with a strong focus on enabling speed, scale and quality, supporting client Product Engineering teams
- Drives increased automation throughout Operational Engineering activities and remove \”hands-on\” work, driving an effective efficiency outcome
- Ensure services provided extend product engineering teams through to production, enabling speed and scale globally
- Ensures existing clients and solutions continue to operate effectively
- Ensure ownership and completion of incidents through to resolution and to the satisfaction of the client
- Ensures software, network and any relevant technical changes are correctly migrated to Production
- Monitor client systems for alarms and outages, and take appropriate action in line with client guidelines
- Define, promote and support the team methodologies and processes and actively participates in the continual improvement of these.
- Provide after-hours emergency on-call rotational support (including weekends and public holidays when required).
- Finding better ways of doing things, with a view to the future and technology delivery trends.
- Participate in defining the future state of Support Engineering
- Client is looking for system engineering – production support team – application engineer with Windows System Engineers experience, moving to cloud
- Some exposure in Cloud – AWS / CI/CD delivery is a plus
- Scripting experience is required NOT programming experience
- Keen to learn.
What you will need:
- Experience in providing production support for mission critical applications
- Knowledge and skills in Microsoft Windows 2012/2016 Operating system and SQL Server
- Experience working with cloud platforms (AWS)
- Have a good understanding of Window-based software
- Good knowledge of at least one scripting language
- Good Understanding of CI/CD processes and tools such as Build Kite, Jenkins or any other similar tool
- Knowledge in IaC patterns and tools such as Terraform / Cloud formation
- Knowledge in configuration management tools such as Ansible / Chef / Puppet
- Knowledge in docker container management
- Is a modern thinker, looks to the future while ensuring practical, commercial outcomes are achieved in the present – but does not aim to keep the status quo
- Communicates positively and confidently at all times, internally and externally relevant, valuable information
- Has an ability to relate effectively and positively with all people at all levels with client
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Nick on 03 9034 5210 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.
Job Ref: 46356