- 12 Months Contract (with a view to extension)
- Large Financial Organisation
- Location: Melbourne
- Rate on offer upto $1000 per day (Incl super)
- Role requires to define solutions, develop operational documentation and participate in solutions for the ATM Audit remediation.
Ownership/accountability for the investigation of user requirements/problems and for developing technology solutions in accordance with business needs by; owning and delivering design specifications, including detailed design specifications; developing, maintaining and testing programs according to detailed technical, functional and non-functional specifications; contributing to the development of systems documentation and providing system support by providing fail and fix application support.
- Advanced skills in one or more of the major programming languages (either ‘legacy’ or ‘hot’) such as Cobol, C++, Visual Basic, .NET, XML, ASP, COM/DCOM, Pick, UniVerse, SB+ and/or SQL.
- Advanced skills and knowledge of one of the major relational database packages such as Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase or DB2.
- Knowledge in open-source programming.
- Ability to understand the essential needs of users and meet these in well-designed programs.
- Good skills in time and resource management.
Responsibilities & Experience
- 7+ years in software development, with at least 3 years general IT experience coupled with tertiary qualifications in computer science or a related discipline.
- Responsible for Designing, developing and maintaining applications software. A strong focus is placed on analysis and design work, with only approximately one third of the employee’s time spent writing code/programming.
Design / Detailed Design:
- Accountable for the review and redesign of processes or procedures, on an ongoing basis, to deliver improved team productivity or efficiency
- Accountable for monitoring progress of requests and ensuring users and other interested parties are kept informed. Take corrective action to avoid or minimise delays
- Accountable for the development of conceptual system design for a small system or sub-system
- Contribute to the estimation of project requirements
- Work with Business Analysts to develop detailed program specifications from system or functional specifications to enable effective development of programs
- Use technical specifications, requirements, standards and procedures to develop / modify structured code to produce quality programs as part of an application development or problem resolution activity
- Conduct post implementation reviews to assess the effectiveness of the Technology solution provided
- Ensure all work within area of responsibility is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures to ensure information retention and re-use
- Work with Business Analysts to analyse business processes, procedures and user requirements in order to establish system requirements
- Develop solutions and specifications so that agreed requirements can be converted into functional systems
- Develop, program and code technology applications software solutions to meet agreed specifications
- Improve, enhance and correct systems as necessary,
- Achieve key Systems Development Lifecycle stages in terms of quantity, timing and quality of all aspects of work allocated
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures.
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Ricky on 0480 024 289 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.