- Melbourne CBD Location
- Prior experience in development/ current experience in S/W Project Management
- Fantastic Permanent opportunity
We are seeking an astute Project Manager with a prior .net software development background for a well known/ well respected client in Melbourne CBD. This is an exciting opportunity to play a critical part in a newly created division which includes software projects driving new/ cutting edge technology solutions for their clients.
This Software Project Manager is primarily responsible for successfully delivering the defined scope, timelines, budget and quality of assigned software projects.
Other key responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Manage any project issues, risks and assumptions through regular reporting
- Provide leadership, control and coordination of the Software Project team in terms of resources, performance management and information, solve any problems interfering with the project status
- Provide leadership, control and coordination of the Software Project team in terms of resources, performance management and information
- Secure adequate resources for the project through forecasting, planning and scheduling with the team leaders and line managers
- Successfully achieve project deliverables
- Control costs to ensure projects are kept within budget, are delivered on time and quality is maintained
- Produce and maintain sufficient project documentation
- Ensure you understand the customer\’s operational working practices to enable the team to improve the ability to influence, design and implement the project plan
- Hold regular progress reviews and checkpoint meetings to ensure that progress and information is communicated to all relevant staff
What you will bring to the role
- A software engineering degree
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Project or another project planning tool
- Previous IT development experience on the Microsoft .net stack
- Experience in a similar software solutions environment
- 6+ years of proven track record as Software Project manager
- Demonstrated ability to manage a wide range of technical and project management related tasks working with an experienced team of professional engineers and project managers
- Proven experience with managing successful projects (in terms of scope, budget, schedule, quality and warranty)
- Hosted and participated in functional workshops, presentations with stakeholders (i.e. customers, vendors, 3rd parties)
- Strong product know-how in delivery of \”software as a solution\”
Note: The successful candidate will ideally have a development background with hands on commercial experience as a Software Project Manager in delivering software as a solution!
Apply now by sending your CV and Cover Letter in word format or call Kenny on 03 8506 6552 for a confidential discussion.