Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Permanent opportunity with Tier 1 Bank in Melbourne
Salary on offer upto $160k incl super/annum + benefits + bonus+ other perks!
Work life balance, discounts on home loans, etc.
About the role
The ideal candidates will be familiar with current technologies provided through Amazon Web Services or Azure. A focus will be placed on your ability to demonstrate an understanding of development practices, containers and microservice architectures. Experience with infrastructure as code and CI/CD pipelines is required.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Work with high performing team to implement and maintain highly available and scalable solutions in cloud environments
- Implement SRE practices of reducing TOIL by improving current processes via automation and reduce manual effort
- Implement concepts of Error Budget to ensure new features change will not result in degradation of agreed service reliability or performance objectives
- Solve availability/performance issues and build software-based solutions to proactively improve reliability of services
- Implement and maintain monitoring solutions for Web applications and microservices architecture
- Develop and contribute towards tooling to aid in the maintenance, performance, and reliability of the platform
- Build and maintain CI/CD pipelines using a tech stack of GIT, AWS, Jenkins, Docker, Terraform and Ansible
- Be part of a roster to provide out of hours technical support
- Work in an agile environment
- Work closely with developers, Devops, and Principal engineers to execute platform requirements and priorities
- Strong skills in development as either a software or Devops engineer with prior experience in building CI/CD pipelines using a tech stack of GIT, AWS, Jenkins, Docker, Terraform and Ansible is highly desirable
- Strong Experience setting up monitoring and dashboarding solutions. Knowledge of Splunk and AppDynamics are highly desirable
- Keen eye towards Production Support, prior experience dealing with major issues under pressure, understanding their criticality and working towards restoring service
- Strong understanding of either microservice or Frontend web application architecture is highly desirable
- Extensive experience working with AWS services. Azure knowledge is a bonus
- Solid experience with scripting languages such as Node.js, Python
- Ability to problem solve end to end across a technology stack
- Experience working as a senior engineer within a cross functional team
- Understanding of Agile practices and experience working in an agile environment
- Must have good experience as a Senior SRE (Cloud and DevOps)
- Must be good in programming and DevOps Automation skills
- Must have experience in working on Linux environment
- Must have worked on Terraform / Ansible
- Must be open to learn new technologies and possess a good attitude to upskill himself
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Renu on 0480 050 807 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.