- Senior Performance Engineer
- 12 months contract with Tier-1 Bank
- Melbourne, CBD
- Rate: $900/day
- Experience with Performance tools – Gatling, Artillery, and K6
Working in an Agile/Waterfall environment on delivery of multiple projects with microservices/Cloud infrastructure in our team, the Senior Performance Engineer is responsible to work across all disciplines of performance testing to enable and transform performance engineering practises within Cards Technology teams. To provide testing strategies, set and own the framework with new and existing tools, processes, practices, industrialise them into a regular delivery cycle and work with the project team to deliver high quality solutions to meet the business requirement.
- Work as a crucial component of a project team to deliver high quality solutions with microservices/Cloud infrastructure.
- Assess the performance of microservices to non-functional requirements and plan the approach for how they will be performance benchmarked
- Participate in testing effort estimates and actuals to deliver stories /features
- Drive an Automation led approach for data creation and performance testing
- Incorporate automated tests into CI/CD processes
- Undertake testing activities (e.g. stress, soak, load, break) as required in relation to software solutions ensuring they meet agreed non-functional specifications
- Coach, mentor & guidance of other team members & continuous skill uplift across the asset
- Participate in relevant Agile ceremonies and rituals: Backlog Refinement, Daily Stand-up, Iteration / Release Planning, Showcases / Sprint Review, Retrospective, User acceptance tests
- In conjunction with Service Reliability Engineering and developers to ensure the coding & software solutions meet agreed non-functional requirements and improve, enhance test environments as necessary
- Work with developers to drive the incorporation of performance improvements in new and deployed code.
- Performance testing/engineering experience – risk assessment, planning, scripting, execution, reporting
- Performance tools – Gatling, Artillery, K6.
- Stubbing with tools such as Wiremock
- Monitoring tooling – AppDynamics/New Relic/Dynatrace/Introscope, Splunk/AWS Log Insights, CloudWatch
- Database Tuning (RDS PostgreSQL, DynamoDB)
- Microservices development/testing concepts/understanding.
- REST APIs
- Experience with programming – Java (SpringBoot), Scala, Node.js, GraphQL, Python, SQL.
- Cloud technologies (AWS – RDS, ECS, EC2, S3. Azure)
- Containerisation (Docker, yml)
- CI/CD (Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Source control (Git, SVN, Perforce)
- Command line MacOS, Linux/Unix, shell scripting.
- JVM configuration, thread analysis, heap/GC analysis.
- Agile development practices – SCRUM, Kanban
- Use of workflow management tools such as Jira, Rally
- Nice to have – experience with front end performance testing with tools such as Puppeteer and Puppeteer Cluster
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Alex on 0480 094 306 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.