- 18 Months Contract (with a view to extension)
- Large Government Organisation
- Location: Parramatta, Sydney
- Rate on offer upto $1100 per day (Incl super)
- Opportunity to get Baseline Clearance sponsored by client
- The Senior Network Engineer position provides configuration, scoping and procurement management for the Client data, voice and video network. The network covers over 500 sites, supports 3 data centres and provides connectivity to over 22,000 staff. In addition the network supports remote connectivity from staff, vendors and suppliers. Applications in use range from common Microsoft products to specialized front line applications and voice services for both general public interfaces and the 000 emergency calls.
- This network is Cisco based and the Senior Engineer will be required to be comfortable with all facets of networking including cabling, configuration, installation (either directly or assisting on-site staff for remote sites) and troubleshooting during problem management. This role is part of the wider Network team servicing all networking and connectivity operations to all client, 24/7.
- Test and configuration of network devices
- Provide advice and support to the network team
- Operational change control
- Update and maintain network documentation
- Problem solving and analysis driven investigation
- Ensure transfer of knowledge to the rest of the team
- Patching within the data centres
- Provide Level two and three network operational support which includes support network installations, special projects,event management (short term deployments) and operational handover of network elements.
- Scoping of equipment used for projects and new sites being built
- This role will primarily be Sydney office based with only limited travel to sites required and most work will be within standard office hours.
- Support occasional after hours work to cover new implementations, core upgrades or issue resolution.
- Monitor and analyse network performance and capacity of existing and new systems and assist with the identification of faults or potential issues and suggest potential solutions.
- Contribute to the development of reference materials to assist the ICT support community through maintenance of documentation on system configuration and technical processes.
- Demonstrated detailed knowledge and experience across a range of Network devices including configuration, capacity
- Experience in a similar role providing design and configuration on Cisco devices, networking, switches/routers, voice and video
- Experience with logical design modules (L2/L3, VRF’s, VPN, VLANs, EPG’s and physical cabling).
- Exposure to security devices and Aruba wi-fi will be highly regarded
- Baseline security with client will be required
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Ricky on 0480 024 289 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.