- Permanent opportunity in Melbourne
- Large Financial Client
The role of Senior Java Developer will provide critical thinking and a high degree of technical innovation and attention to detail while being recognised as a trusted advisor to the team and stakeholders. You will be versatile, display leadership qualities and enthusiasm to take on new problems across the full SDLC.
- Analyse, design, implement features that enhance the business or customer experience.
- Automate technology operational processes, including change deployment, application resilience, monitoring/alerting, and user self-service.
- Taking guidance from the Principal Engineer, set standards for design, process, and tech workload allocation within the scrum team. Ensures sufficient design guidance exists at story kick-off.
- Take ownership and accountability for production service, including fix on fail, problem investigation, root cause determination and resolution.
- Participate in delivery of automated production change, understanding change content, executing change control procedures, appropriate technical and business verification, and user communications.
- Participate in and provide quality assurance activities, including code reviews, white-box testing, test coverage for own work, and test framework maintenance. Debugging and fixing code defects.
- Production Support – the role requires the successful applicant to be on primary support for critical payments applications no more than 1 week out of 6.
What you will bring:
- Experience as a Java developer (c.10 years), ideally with Banking and/or Finance industry exposure.
- Integration, microservice patterns.
- Experience with distributed, event driven systems and using messaging protocols; Apache Kafka, messaging systems such as IBM MQ.
- Build and automation tools (Gradle (Kotlin DSL/Groovy), Jenkins, Python, Artifactory, Terraform, SonarQube).
- Experience with the following also strongly preferred: Java 11, Spring Boot, RDBMS (ideally Postgres, Oracle), Webservices (REST/SOAP), Apache Camel, Docker, SCM (Git), BDD (JBehave/Cucumber), & Unit Testing (Junit 5, Mockito).
- Established network and platform (*nix) skills, Cloud hosting (AWS preferred)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to deal with stakeholders (both users and product owners)
- Interest in the entire application stack; from network, security, through platform OS to application code, including cloud hosting, but an over-riding desire to write code.
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Ricky on 03 7035 0108 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.