- Senior IT Support Technician (Windows & Mac)
- Marketing/Advertising company – Move to IT Management
- Melbourne – Permanent position – February 2016 start
Adaps are currently looking for a Senior IT Support Technician for Australia\’s fastest growing marketing communications group in Melbourne VIC.
The company is part of US-based organisation which is one of the world\’s largest communications holding companies. Within this fast-paced and highly rewarding environment, we are looking for a Senior Level 2 Desktop Support Engineer. Based in Melbourne you will work within a wider team to support staff locally and nationally. The Melbourne operation has three offices in and around the Melbourne CBD.
The Role and Responsibilities:
This is primarily a support-focused role following best practices, therefore excellent customer service, an outgoing personality and strong communication skills are essential. You will use your technical knowledge and skills to resolve requests where possible. You will be responsible for the escalation process to the Level 3 IT resources, ensuring that all jobs are properly logged and are completed in a timely and professional manner.
The candidate will need to have solid Windows and Mac experience and the ability to hit the ground running in all areas of Desktop Support.
- Responding to general IT support calls and jobs assigned to you (via Web HelpDesk)
- Perform troubleshooting in a Mac and Windows 7 & Active Directory environment
- Documentation and development of internal Wiki (Confluence) for user knowledge base
- Imaging of new machines using Windows WDS and Casper
- Administration and support for VoIP phone system
- Provide smartphone and tablet device support
- Provide IT support for general printing and boardroom AV equipment
- Troubleshoot basic TCP/IP network issues.
- Prior experience and knowledge of Microsoft OS and desktop applications
- Strong knowledge of Mac troubleshooting and Casper imaging process
- Understanding of TCP/IP, LAN data networks, SIP Phone systems (Skype for Business)
- A good understanding the Microsoft Office 2013 Suite
- PC Hardware/Software remote troubleshooting over the telephone and onsite
- Use of remote tools such as LANDesk and Apple Remote Desktop beneficial
- Unresricted work rights in Australia.
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below and call Damian on 03 8506 6553.
Based on the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted initially. All applicants will be notified when the role is closed.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.
Adaps is an approved Standard Business Sponsor with the ability to employ eligible candidates requiring sponsorship & working VISA arrangements.
Connect with Adaps: