- ACT Canberra – Senior Finance Officer
- CPA – Short Contract
- Large Government agency
Senior Finance Officer
Seeking an experienced Senior Finance Officer for a short contract role in Canberra ACT with a large government agency. The requirement is for a maximum of 4 weeks with an ASAP start!
Purpose of Job:
Liaise with Finance and provide assistance and advice to the General Manager and Responsibility Centre Managers on budget preparation, expenditure trends and quarterly forecasts within the timeframe set by Finance. Undertake all aspects of Division financial management, including variance analysis and reporting, asset register maintenance, monitoring financial aspects of contracts and general business analysis.
- Relevant tertiary accounting qualifications
- Prior experience in (a) similar role(s) and CPA qualifications
- Practical understanding and experience in contemporary budgeting, activity based and job costing accounting techniques
- High level business analysis skills supported by ability to undertake complex Microsoft Excel data manipulation.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Coordination and preparation of Division Budgets and Monthly reporting and Forecasts
- Assist with more complex business analysis tasks as required
- Undertake or assist with monthly reconciliations, obtaining quotes, issuing Purchase Orders and their subsequent receipting
- Maintain and monitor the divisional asset register and inventory holdings
- Contribute to yearly revaluation of Divisional assets
- Conduct reconciliations between Asset register and subsidiary ledgers
- Assist Divisional managers with the administration of contracts as required
- Prepare and analyse monthly Profit and Loss reports, brief the GM and RC Managers on financial implications and provide variance analysis to Finance for EMG meetings
- Preparation and contribution to Hard Close / EOY financial statements and work papers
- Advise and assist the team on financial issues/policies and AASB applications and other ad hoc financial reporting requirements.
Applications close 30/01/2015. Apply here or contact Damian on 02 9253 4300.