Senior Engineer – React Native, Android
Permanent opportunity with Tier 1 Bank in Melbourne
Salary on offer upto $160k incl super/annum + bonus + benefits
Work life balance, discounts on home loans, etc.
About the role
As part of this role you will be expected to provide technical leadership across all aspects of the software delivery life cycle, development and channel support for the Client Native framework. This involves working closely with solution engineers, product owners, user experience designers, quality engineers and engineering managers within an agile delivery environment to create a great platform and pattern for the organization.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Working with product owners, tech leads and user experience designers to ensure requirements are clear whilst offering technical input into the requirements process
- Active participation in all aspects of the software delivery life cycle and associated agile activities that the team undertake
- Coaching and mentoring of other engineers to uplift service capability and cross-skill individuals over time
- Continuous review, identification and improvement of engineering processes, practices, and tooling
- Perform code reviews and provide timely and constructive feedback
- Participate in feature estimation from early ideation to delivery phases
- Technical design and coding of all React native and mobile native codebase.
- Working with a quality mindset to ensure applications are robust and appropriate code coverage is maintained and improved over time
- Comfortable working in both react native and native technologies.
Your Skills and Experience:
- Experience across the full software delivery life cycle (planning, analysis, design, implementation, testing, deployment, and maintenance).
- Agile software development and management methods and ability to excel within a fast-paced environment.
- Strong Object-Oriented Programming Language skills and experience in C++.
- A solid technical background as an engineer within one or more of Android and iOS mobile development (Java, Kotlin, Objective-C, Swift, React Native) along with react native.
- Experience working as an engineer within one or more backend technologies, RESTful JSON APIs and microservices.
- Experience working with diverse teams from development, testing, security, architecture, infrastructure to business and management.
- Experience with build management tools including continuous integration and delivery practices and tools (Gradle, Jenkins, fastlane).
- Experience with continuous test automation tooling (Perfecto, Applitools).
- Software design and delivery with UX and accessibility front of mind.
- Development experience using common IDE and source systems (Xcode, Android Studio, Git).
- Writing unit and functional automation tests.
- Release and configuration management practices including parallel development (tagging/branching strategies), managing multiple versions and third-party library dependency management.
- Experience with repository artifact management (Artifactory).
- Knowledge of code quality analysis tools (coverage, duplication, complexity, dependency analysis and standards).
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Renu on 0480 050 807 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.