- Embedded Firmware Engineer
- Permanent position in Melbourne
- Manufacturing ASX listed company
Adaps are looking for a Senior Embedded Software Engineer for a permanent position in Melbourne.
The Role and Responsibilities:
This Senior Embedded Software Development Engineer, will play a key role in defining and developing products for leading-edge communication equipment.
- Design system level architecture (software architecture definition, choice of OS, HW/SW trade-offs, etc)
- Design and document software architecture, application workflow
- Propose embedded solution based on the customer requirement
- Port Linux to new platforms based on typical embedded processors (ARM, PowerPC, MIPS, x86, etc)
- Set-up tool chains based on GNU
- Interface with hardware design and development
- Design and implement software of embedded devices from requirements to production
- Design, develop, code, test and debug system and embedded software
- Review code and design
- Analyse and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources
- Integrate and validate new product designs
- Support software QA and optimise I/O performance.
- Solid programming experience in C/C++
- Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
- Experience with Linux based embedded systems and bare metal/RTOS based embedded systems
- In depth knowledge of Linux kernel internals and device drivers
- Experience in setting up automated build servers
- Experience with solving real-time embedded issues, including: threading, optimization, memory management, interrupt handling, etc
- Understanding of SDLC and test driven development (TDD) process
- Familiarity with software version control tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review
- Adequate knowledge of reading schematics and data sheets for components.
Good to have:
- Working knowledge of LPC24xx based CPUs
- Experience in Rowley CrossWorks
- Experience with TI/Freescale/Atmel based microcontroller
- Experience of wireless technologies such as WiFi/LTE/Bluetooth.
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below and call Damian on 03 8506 6553.
Based on the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted initially. All applicants will be notified when the role is closed.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.
Adaps IT are specialist recruiters in myriad Information Technology diciplinces for both technical and business resources, and provide bespoke payroll and HR solutions to our portfolio of clients. As a Standard Business Sponsor we are able to employ eligible candidates requiring sponsorship & working VISA arrangements.
Connect with Adaps, find us on: