- Embedded Firmware Engineer
- Permanent position in Melbourne
- Manufacturing ASX listed company
A new position is now open for a senior embedded software engineer. As a Senior Embedded Software Development Engineer, you will play a key role in defining and developing products for leading-edge communication equipment. In addition, as a key member of the engineering team, you will be involved in all aspects of the product development including; architecture, simulation, design, design verification and introduction into manufacturing. In this position, you will work closely with other hardware and software engineers. This position is for an engineer who enjoys working in detail on protocols and thrives on delivering solutions at the highest performance level.
- Design system level architecture (software architecture definition, choice of OS, HW/SW trade-offs)
- Design and document software architecture, application workflow
- Port Linux to new platforms based on typical embedded processors (ARM, PowerPC, MIPS, x86)
- Set-up tool chains based on GNU
- Interface with hardware design and development
- Design and implement software of embedded devices from requirements to production
- Design, develop, code, Unit test and debug system and embedded software & Review code and design
- Analyse and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources
- Integrate and validate new product designs
- Support software QA and optimise I/O performance.
- Prior experience in (a) similar role(s) in Software Development and designing software architecture
- Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
- Experience in programming in C++ and OOP
- Experience with Linux & bare metal/RTOS based embedded systems
- In depth knowledge of Linux kernel internals and device drivers
- Proven experience with solving real-time embedded issues, including: threading, optimization, memory management, interrupt handling
- Solid programming experience in C or C++
- Familiarity with software version control tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review
- Adequate knowledge of reading schematics and data sheets for components
- Unrestricted work rights in Australia.
- ARM Cortex-A8 processors
- ALSA and I2S audio
- Knowledge of LPC24xx based CPUs
- Experience of Rowley CrossWorks
- Experience with TI/Freescale/Atmel based microcontroller
- Experienced with development using agile methodology
- Experience of wireless technologies such as WiFi/LTE/Bluetooth.
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below and call Damian on 03 8506 6553. Applications close on 18/12/2015.
Based on the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted initially. All applicants will be notified when the role is closed.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.
Adaps is an approved Standard Business Sponsor with the ability to employ eligible candidates requiring sponsorship & working VISA arrangements.
Connect with Adaps: