- Large Finance Organisation
- Melbourne CBD
- Permanent opportunity
My Client, a reputable finance organisation in Melbourne CBD is seeking a Senior DevOps Specialist due to continued growth in their existing DevOps team.
The focus is to enable delivery teams across the organisation looking to adopt Continuous Delivery (CD) and DevOps practices and processes, with the aim of increasing productivity and quality of their delivery activities through robust automated build and deployments through the SDLC pipeline. As part of this role, you will be expected to lead and implement Continuous Delivery within delivery teams across the organisation, utilizing your DevOps mindset. A solid technical background in the areas of Build Engineering, Automated Deployments, Automated Testing, Infrastructure, Environment Management and Configuration, and Release Management are key to implementation of world-class Continuous Delivery and Environment solutions.
- Provide leadership on and/or perform hands-on design and implementation of Continuous Delivery and Environments Infrastructure
- Lead delivery teams to achieve success through the adoption of Continuous Delivery and DevOps practices & processes
- Drive associated cultural change by gaining an understanding of people\’s concerns about Continuous Delivery and DevOps helping them understand the vision and what it means to them
- Drive, support and measure the adoption of Continuous Delivery and DevOps Maturity across the organisation
- Research industry best practices to develop policies, standards, guidelines, governance and related guidance
- Experience across software development lifecycle: development, testing, configuration management, deployment, etc.
- Experience working with all teams in an organization: Development, Testing, Operations, Security, Architecture, Infrastructure, Business, Management, etc.
- Agile Software Development and Management methods and ability to excel within an \”Agile\” environment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, continuous integration, continuous delivery, shared ownership, test-driven development, etc.)
- Continuous Integration practices and tools. Tools such as Jenkins/Hudson, etc
- In-depth knowledge of operating system scripting and commands such as *nix-based systems (Linux, Unix and Mac) and Windows
- Experience in Data Center Infrastructure such as Physical/Virtual Hardware, Storage, Networks, etc.
- Use of data center automation tools such as Puppet, Capistrano, etc.
- Build Management tools and practices. Tools such as Jenkins/Hudson.
- Use of build languages such as Ant, Maven, NAnt, MsBuild, Gant, Gradle, rake, etc.
- Use of version-control systems such as primarily Git and GitHub, other include Subversion,etc.
- Experienced programming Java, J2EE, Shell, Powershell, Perl, Ruby, Groovy, Python, etc
- SQL (DDL and DML) scripting. Experience in different database platforms. Use of automated database upgrade tools is helpful. Tools such as Liquibase, RedGate, dbdeploy, etc.
- Release Management and Configuration Management practices such as parallel development (tagging, branching, etc.), managing versions and third party libraries
- Dependency management. Example tools include Maven, Apache Ivy, etc.
- Knowledge of code quality analysis tools. Examples include code coverage, code duplication, cyclomatic complexity, dependency analysis and coding standards
- Writing automated tests (JUnit, Cucumber, NUnit, MsTest etc.)
- Functional test automation techniques and tools (Selenium etc.)
- Good understanding of Quality Control and Test Automation in Agile-based Continuous Integration environments
- Automated deployment of Web containers such as WebSphere, Tomcat, IIS, etc.
- Experience with integrating security controls such as Active Directory, LDAP, OVD, Kerboros, etc
If you deem yourself suitable, kindly submit your CV in word format with a cover letter addressing your relevant experience by clicking the apply button now or call Kenny on 03 8506 6552 for a confidential discussion.