- Fixed Term Contract opportunity for 12 Months
- Large Financial Client
- Join a high performing, collaborative team
- Salary of $125K – 130K (flexible)
About the role:
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will be assisting our teams to interpret and manage data and solve complex problems using expertise in a variety of analytical tools and techniques.
As an Advanced Analytics practitioner you will have a track record in building and delivering practical Machine Learning outcomes that impact positive change. You will join a growing Machine Learning / Data Science capability and be presented with the opportunity to investigate significant data sources, leveraging cutting edge methodologies and technologies
Skills and experience required:
- A Post Graduate degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field is required. A PhD would be highly preferred.
- A foundation in data analysis and software engineering
- The ability to collect, curate and prepare large data sets for analysis
- A sound understanding of statistical modelling and machine learning techniques; time series analysis, churn modelling, self-training algorithms
- High level communication skills both written and verbal and the ability to work independently and collaboratively with data teams as required.
- Must have strong self-awareness, team-oriented approach to problem-solving
- Experience in Agile delivery environments
- Advanced SQL user with some background in R/Python or similar analytical tools.
- Experience in assembling data sets from disparate sources and analyse using appropriate quantitative methodologies, computational frameworks and systems. Experience in Text Mining, Natural Language Processing, or similar is a plus
- Knowledge in Python, R, Java, Scala, SAS, SQL, or/and Spark
- Development experience (SQL/Python)
- Ideally experience with cloud technologies including: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud.
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Ricky on 03 7035 0108 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.