The goal of the Mobile Service is to design, develop and maintain the National Australia Bank suite of mobile and microservice applications, including our flagship NAB Mobile Banking and NAB Connect Mobile applications.
As part of this role you will be expected to provide technical leadership across all aspects of the software delivery life cycle and all applications that the mobile service supports. You will be working closely with solution designers, business analysts, product owners, user experience designers, quality engineers and engineering managers within an agile delivery environment to create great applications. You will also be expected to perform an on-call support role on a rotating basis within the team.
- Working with business analysts, and user experience designers to ensure requirements are clear whilst offering technical input into the requirements process
- Working with solution designers to provide input into the design for any feature or application that the mobile service supports
- Active participation in all aspects of the software delivery life cycle and associated agile activities that the team undertake
- Coaching and mentoring of other engineers to uplift service capability and cross-skill individuals over time
- Continuous review, identification and improvement of engineering processes, practices and tooling
- On-call support for our applications on a rotating roster basis
- Perform code reviews and provide timely and constructive feedback
- Participate in feature estimation from early ideation to delivery phases
- Technical design and coding of all mobile applications and microservices
- Working with a quality mindset to ensure applications are robust and appropriate code coverage is maintained and improved over time
- Continuous technical uplift and knowledge sharing with others including presentations to internal colleagues and external meet-ups/conferences
- A solid technical background as an engineer within Android (Java, Kotlin)
- Experience working as an engineer within one or more backend technologies, RESTful JSON APIs and microservices
- Experience with build management tools including continuous integration and delivery practices and tools (Gradle, Jenkins)
- Experience with continuous test automation tooling (Perfecto, Applitools)
- Development experience using common IDE and source systems (Android Studio, Git)
- Writing unit and functional automation tests (Junit, Roboelectric, Espresso, Specta/Expecta)
- Experience with repository artifact management (Artifactory)
- Experience working with diverse teams from development, testing, security, architecture, infrastructure to business and management
- Experience with latest development methodologies and tooling
How to Apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Steve on 03 8506 6530 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.