- Project Manager IT/Business – Canberra ACT
- 12 month contract – Baseline Security Clearance
- Large Government Organisation – Part time / Casual
Large government organisation seeking to hire an experienced Project Manager on a casual / part time contract basis for a maximum of 12 months in Canberra – ACT.
The Project Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of the assigned project or group of projects. The Project Manager\’s prime responsibility is producing a result from the project that is capable of achieving the benefits defined in the Blueprint and Project Plan. The Project Manager also ensures that the project\’s processes and resources are managed in accordance within time, cost, quality, scope and risk limits.
- Prepare and maintain the project management products required by the Program Control Strategy, including the project plan, project logbook and work packages
- Manage the project\’s governance and assurance processes
- Monitor progress of the project, manage related risks and prepare project status reports and Executive reports as required
- Liaise within the business and with the Program Team to ensure that dependencies are identified and there is no duplication in related projects
- Lead and motivate the project contributors and work package leads
- Liaise with any external suppliers or account managers associated with the project outcomes
- Facilitate decisions required to progress the project and inform the Program Manager of any deviations from the plan
- Manage the production of the required products and assets, including quality reviews, acceptance handover to the business owner as required
- Track and report on the project\’s budget position and use of resources
- Take responsibility for overall progress, resolving issues, management of assets, quality reviews and initiating corrective action where necessary.
- Current (minimum) Baseline Security Clearance
- Significant experience in project management – government agency experience highly regarded
- Ability to make decisions, take direction, manage budgets and execute a plan
- In depth knowledge of project management using proven methodologies, particularly applied to IT, modernising regulation or transformational business change
- Knowledge of procurement and supplier (vendor) management
Relevant tertiary qualification(s) and industry certification(s).
Applications close 24/03/2015. Contact Damian on 02 9253 4300.