- Business Project Manager
- 6 months Contract on a view to extend
- Large Federal Department @ Parramatta
- Opportunity to get Baseline clearance sponsored by the client
One of our largest Federal Client is looking for Project Manager who will be responsible for managing the project on a day to day basis on behalf of the Project Board in accordance with the Client and ST&P PMO mandated policies, standards and procedures.
The Project Manager is responsible for managing the project on a day to day basis on behalf of the Project Board in accordance with the Client Government and ST&P PMO mandated policies, standards and procedures. Their prime responsibility is to ensure that the project delivers the required products and services within the specified tolerances of time, cost, quality, scope, risk and benefits. The project manager is also responsible for ensuring that the project produces a result capable of achieving the benefits as defined in the Business Case and in conjunction with the Project Executive. This position reports directly to the Project Executive with functional reporting to the PMO.
- Ensure that the project is managed and delivered to a professional standard and in accordance with policies, standards and procedures (both business and technical including information security) from Client Corporate Services, Government requirements;
- Provide leadership at a team and senior level and negotiate issues and solutions across the division and organisational boundaries including with the client group(s) and internal and external stakeholders;
- Lead, motivate and develop the Project Delivery team through day to day and formal performance management processes to facilitate achievement of business goals;
- Ensure that customer needs, expectations and satisfaction are proactively managed including compliance with client specifications and quality assurance standards;
- Ensure appropriate delivery framework / methodology is adopted by the project and endorsed by the ST&P PMO and Project Board;
- Drive the delivery and implementation of the project\’s products (including production of all relevant documentation for product delivery and acceptance during the project life cycle and ongoing support) that meet the project\’s objectives and customer\’s acceptance criteria;
- Monitor and manage external vendors as outlined within signed contracts. This includes assisting the RFT process, analysis, project tracking, relationship management, deliverables monitoring and reporting;
- Manage all change management activities for the project including training;
- All other tasks as directed by the Project Manager and/or PMO related to delivering the Project;
- Agree to participate in security vetting procedures prior to engagement and/or at regular intervals (generally every 12 months) during contract period.
- Demonstrated experience with a strong track record in delivering high quality successful ICT projects using contemporary project management methodologies and application development methodology
- Demonstrated strong leadership and management skills with proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders (internally and externally);set direction and approach; resolve conflict; deliver tough messages with grace; and execute with limited information and ambiguity;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision (orally, written and presentational) with proven facilitation, influencing, negotiation and strong analytical, problem solving skills and business acumen;
- Certified in project management best practice methodologies, (preferably PRINCE2) with demonstrated skills and experience in using contemporary project management methodologies to deliver best practice, customer focused ICT projects;
- Demonstrated experience in mobilising, motivating and managing a successful team as well as work effectively with senior leaders and drive progress in the face of ambiguous or changing situations.
- Demonstrated experience in providing quality and accurate project status reporting according to the required standards and accurately forecasting and estimating financial and resource needs;
- Knowledge of and experience in organisational change / benefits management;
- Highly experienced user of MS Project and MS Office toolset (Word, Excel and Power Point)
Program / Project Overview
Under the Point to Point (P2P) Transport (Taxis and Hire Vehicles) act 2016 and Point to Point transport (taxis and Hire vehicles) Regulation 2017, a new Point to Point Commission has been established by client to bring new regulations to the P2P industry (Including Taxi and Uber Drivers). Client has been requested to electronically provide the Point to Point regulator with relevant charge information that the regulator requires to take appropriate action.
Note: Australian Citizens are preferred.
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Kish on 03 8506 6521 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.
Connect with Adaps: