- Large Government Organisation
- 12 October – June 2016
- Based Parramatta NSW
Reporting directly to the Project Executive, the Project Manager will be responsible for managing the project whilst adhering to the mandated policies, standards and procedures. They will ensure that the project delivers the required products and services within the specified tolerances of time, cost, quality, scope, risk and benefit.
This particular project was established to replace corporate leased and old owned IT equipment including desktops, laptops, printers and scanners, as well as multifunction devices as they reach the end of their useful economic life. The project facilitates the acquisition of high priority special and adhoc equipment requests.
- Provide leadership at a team and senior level and negotiate issues and solutions across the division and organisational boundaries including with the client group(s) and internal and external stakeholders
- Lead, motivate and develop the Project Delivery team through day to day and formal performance management processes to facilitate achievement of business goals
- Ensure that customer needs, expectations and satisfaction are proactively managed including compliance with client specifications and quality assurance standards
- Ensure appropriate delivery framework / methodology is adopted
- Drive the delivery and implementation of the project\’s products (including production of all relevant documentation for product delivery and acceptance during the project life cycle whilst providing ongoing support
- Manage all change management activities for the project including training;
- Demonstrated experience with a strong track record in delivering high quality successful ICT projects using contemporary project management methodologies and application development methodology
- Demonstrated strong leadership and management skills with proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders (internally and externally)
- Excellent interpersonnel skills with demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision (orally, written and presentational) with proven facilitation, influencing, negotiation and strong analytical, problem solving skills and business acumen;
- Certified in project management best practice methodologies,(preferably PRINCE2)
- Demonstrated experience in mobilising, motivating and managing a successful team as well as work effectively with senior leaders and drive progress in the face of ambiguous or changing situations.
- Demonstrated experience in providing quality and accurate project status reporting according to the required standards and accurately forecasting and estimating financial and resource needs;
- Knowledge of and experience in organisational change / benefits management;
- Highly experienced user of MS Project and MS Office toolset (Word, Excel and Power Point)