- Project Manager – Wentworthville NSW location
- 4 month contract – $750 per day – PRINCE2
- Large Government Agency – September 2015 start
Seeking an experienced Project Manager for a 4 month contract in Wentworthville NSW with a government agency.
– Project Manager – Wentworthville NSW location
– 4 month contract – $750 per day – PRINCE2
– Large Government Agency – September 2015 start
The Mobility Program was established in support of the overall ICT Mobility Strategy. The strategy being employees spending more time on the field and reduce time spent on operational tasks at a workstation.
This strategy seeks to reduce data duplication by allowing employees to capture data only once in electronic format and avoids the repetition of transforming manually created information into digital information. An extension of this strategy is to provide fit-for-purpose mobile devices to support mobility bringing the core operational systems used by the agency.
The Project Manager is responsible for managing the project on a day to day basis on behalf of the Project Board in accordance with the mandated policies, standards and procedures. Their prime responsibility is to ensure that the project delivers the required products and services within the specified tolerances of time, cost, quality, scope, risk and benefits. The project manager is also responsible for ensuring that the project produces a result capable of achieving the benefits as defined in the Business Case and in conjunction with the Project Executive. This position reports directly to the Project Executive with functional reporting to the PMO.
- Ensure that the project is managed and delivered to a professional standard and in accordance with policies, standards and procedures (both business and technical including information security)
- Provide leadership at a team and senior level and negotiate issues and solutions across the division and organisational boundaries including with the client group(s) and internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure that customer needs, expectations and satisfaction are proactively managed including compliance with client specifications and quality assurance standards
- Ensure appropriate delivery framework / methodology is adopted by the project and endorsed by the PMO and Project Board
- Drive the delivery and implementation of the project\’s products (including production of all relevant documentation for product delivery and acceptance during the project life cycle and ongoing support) that meet the project\’s objectives and customer\’s acceptance criteria
- Monitor and manage external vendors as outlined within signed contracts. This includes assisting the RFT process, analysis, project tracking, relationship management, deliverables monitoring and reporting
- Manage all change management activities for the project including training.
- Prior experience in a similar role(s) – experience in a mobility program/project will be highly regarded
- Strong leadership and management skills – stakeholder management (internal / external – sponsors)
- Industry certification(s) – PRINCE2 and relevant tertiary qualification(s)
- Knowledge of and experience in organisational change / benefits management / training facilitation
- Highly experienced user of MS Project and MS Office toolset (Word, Excel and Power Point)
- Unrestricted work rights in Australia.
Apply here or contact Andrea on 02 9253 4300. Applications close 29/07/2015.