- Product Owner
- Melbourne based (Candidates in Sydney OR Brisbane are welcome to apply!)
- 12-month Contract with the view to extend
- Large Insurance & Healthcare Org
$900 – $1100/day Incl Super (Negotiable for the right candidate)
- Skills: Agile, Lean, Scrum, Kanban, Test Driven Development (TDD) and are familiar with a range of digital tools
As a Product Owner your roles and responsibilities
- Are an analytical and strategic thinker: You take ownership and think creatively to solve complex problems, situations, or opportunities.
- You have strong negotiation and influencing skills: You are able to influence outcomes and gain the active co-operation of others in the business.
- You are an excellent communicator: You pride yourself in having all your stakeholders aligned.
- You are available: for the stakeholders, the customers, the delivery team and the Product Manager. Important questions are answered quickly, and valuable information is provided on time. You keep stakeholders informed in a timely manner.
- You are able to prioritise: You know how and when to prioritise, creating a manageable team backlog with items that will be realised.
- You have technical understanding: You can take a product vision or goal and break it into valuable and deliverable slices with the team.
- You deliver value: You have a keen eye for opportunities, focusing on value generated for customers and business.
- You act on different levels (strategic, tactical and operational): You know how to explain the product strategy, create support at middle management and motivate the delivery team with vision and sprint goals.
Experience and Skills Required
- Proven experience as a digital leader with a solid understanding of best practice and innovative customer experience, customer engagement and product development.
- Experience working in an Agile delivery environment as a Product Owner including an understanding of incremental delivery of value.
- Experience working across multiple streams in a fast paced, dynamic, and collaborative environment.
- An analytical focus with an appreciation of data analysis, commercial drivers, business viability and technical feasibility.
- A tertiary qualification (or equivalent experience) with Agile Product Owner qualifications/experience.
- Will liaise with the Product Manager, business stakeholders and technical development teams to deliver complex digital products & services.
- Will define the stories and acceptance criteria to deliver the minimum viable product for product launch and successive iteration and horizon mapping. Ensure focus on relevant stories and priority of team backlog and roadmap.
- Communicate and motivate the delivery team with the product vision communicating the business benefits of the product / features.
- Create, prioritise, and maintain the team backlog, defining release and sprint goals and answering questions to add detail to user stories.
- Collaborate with user experience, visual designers, and agency partners, to define and create engaging and delightful customer experiences.
- Work closely with business stakeholders to understand business drivers, considerations, and necessary approvals.
- Work closely with data and analytics to develop a deep understanding of customers and customer behaviours to inform decisions and product development.
- Own ongoing product iteration to ensure services are evolving to provide a great customer experience.
Skills : Agile, Lean, Scrum, Kanban, Test Driven Development (TDD) and are familiar with a range of digital tools.
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Steve on (03) 9306 1450 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.