- Principal Engineer / Tech Lead
- Permanent opportunity
- Melbourne Based role – Tier 1 Bank
- Salary on offer upto $180K incl Super + bonus + other perks
- Work life balance, discounts on home loans etc
- The Principal Engineer (Product Tech Lead) will set the standard for design and Agile process and distribute development workload.
- Detail the technology roadmap in conjunction with the Engineering Manager, Domain architect, BA Lead.
- Triage new demand and ensures sufficient design guidance exists at high level for hand-off to the scrum tech lead for detailed design.
- Ensure that technical designs meet functional, resilience, throughput, security and simplicity needs
- Engage in hands-on development to balance workload or address significant complexity through technical spike: build, system-test including non-functional.
- Run – participates in L3 (senior) support and problem resolution on an ad-hoc basis.
Skills & Experience
- Experience as a Java developer (10+ years), ideally with Banking and/or Finance industry exposure
- Core Java (ideally Java 8 or greater), J2EE, EJB and Spring experience
- Camel or Spring integration. Experience with high-volume, fault-tolerant applications
- Integration, microservice patterns.
- Experience with distributed, event driven systems and using messaging protocols. Messaging middleware such as IBM MQ, Apache Kafka preferred.
- Build and automation tools (Ant, Jython, Gradle (Kotlin DSL/Groovy), Jenkins, Python/Jython, Artifactory, Terraform, SonarQube).
- Experience with the following also preferred: MDB, Messaging, RDBMS (ideally Oracle), Spring Boot, Angular 4+, RDBMS (ideally Oracle), Webservices (REST/SOAP), Apache Camel, Docker, SCM (Git), BDD (JBehave/Cucumber), & Unit Testing (Junit, Mockito, JMockit).
- Established network and platform (*nix) skills, Cloud hosting (AWS preferred)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to deal with stakeholders (both users and product owners)
- Interest and experience with the entire application stack; from network, security, through platform OS to application code
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Ram – 03 7001 1405 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.