- Perm Operator
- 24/7 Shift Rotation
- AD, MOM, SCOM, IIS
Our client requires a skilled Operator to work with a talented team in a high performance culture in the Environment Operations Domain. Your role includes the monitoring of various components including Infrastructure / OS / Middleware and Applications in a rotating shift based environment.
Being highly proficient in ITIL processes and having a sound understanding of various monitoring tools and technologies, the Operations Centre is often the first team to detect and respond to any deviations on our systems, and often required to fix the incident upon detection.
- Create and update documentation for operations, maintenance and support.
- Escalate and manage incidents and problems to vendor or specialist teams for resolution where required.
- Follow security policies and procedures during incidents and emergency changes
- Perform 1st / 1.5 level support for production application and system related incidents.
- Perform backup and restoration of data as required.
- Completion of daily tasks and assigned service improvement initiatives.
- Lodge and respond to requests and alerts from the Business from various call logging systems within the required SL
- Utilise agile methodologies where appropriate in your work.
- Education of customers on the value proposition of the NOC and associated processes.
You will have
- Experience with any of the following live monitoring tools SCOM, PRTG, Spectrum, Traverse, and NSM
- Experience with any of the following NetBackup, Symantec Backup Exec, HP data Protector, Commvault.
- Experience working in a similar role within an Enterprise IT Environment.
- Experience with Incident or Change Management procedures and processes within a business environment.
- Qualifications in an Information Technology related field or substantial experience operating in a large organisation.
- ITIL v3 Foundations or relevant experience.
- Solid background in administering Wintel server OS and LAN / WAN technologies
- Solid background in Linux and UNIX operating systems
- Solid understanding of customer facing applications (Web based)
- A solid background in event management, monitoring and orchestration
- A demonstrated strong understanding of ITIL v3 Framework, specifically incident, change and problem management
- Strong understanding and administrative experience with Microsoft products including AD, MOM, SCOM, IIS
- Sound knowledge of Public cloud infrastructure such as AWS and Azure.
- Agile development methodologies, practices and principles
Please note that shift work is mandatory. We operate under a 24/7 environment with a 12 hour shift rotation spread across 4 teams.
**Please note that AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP is madatory for this role**