Large Federal Department @ Parramatta
20 months contract with a view to extend
Opportunity to get Baseline Clearance sponsored by the client
Only Australian Citizen are applicable
The Network Specialist is responsible for providing network management and operational support for voice and data communications networks and services, using internal and external resources. The Network Specialist handles the day-to-day project activities, working closely with the BWV Network Stream Lead.
- Provide engineering support for data communications networks and infrastructure for the BWV Phase 2 project, including planning, cost estimation, implementation and technical investigations
- Research and analyse data communications requirements for the BWV Phase 2 project
- Implement network performance monitoring and evaluation, including traffic studies and analysis
- Prepare specifications, invite quotes and place orders on vendors/contractors for goods and services as per procurement policies and guidelines
- Conduct site audits/inspections of data communications installations for adherence to engineering and quality standards
- Ensure completion of scope within agreed budget and timeframes, including liaising with vendors/contractors, and supervision of installation and commissioning of data communications systems and carrier services
- Document all aspects of data network installations for hand-over to ISS, including updating of the Communications Database for assets and carrier services
- Plan and supervise the arrangements for the scheduled outages of voice communications network to minimise the disruption to BWV
- Analyse, prioritise and process requests for assistance received from the project team
- Review and analyse network performance complaints and recommend adjustments to supervisor
- Provide support for the implementation of converged data and voice networks
- Maintain confidentiality and manage data in accordance with legislation and policy
- Comply with CMF, OH&S, EEO and corruption resistance policies.
- All other tasks as directed by the Project Manager and/or PMO related to delivering the Project;
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of data and voice communications principles and technologies, structured cabling and Australian carrier services.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in configuring and supporting Cisco routers and switches in a multi-protocol environment.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering data communications networks and infrastructure under major capital works programs and projects in a large and diverse organization, including development and implementation.
- Strong support skills in diagnosing and rectifying complex network or network service related problems
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills, including demonstrated experience in the preparation of technical specifications, reports and submissions
- Demonstrated people management skills
- Knowledge and understanding of modern converged data and voice communications technology (VoIP), Australian carrier services/products, and remote support functionalities
- Experience in implementing standards, guidelines and procedures in relation to operational matters of voice and data communications networks and their management, including disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Willingness to provide support out of hours
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate with clarity and precision (orally, written and presentational)
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply using the link below or call Neil on 03 8506 6522 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.
Connect with Adaps: