- Melbourne CBD location
- Work with an array of Network based technologies
- Permanent opportunity
The Senior Network Engineer will provide my clients customer base with complex technical maintenance and support services as well as design and implement projects for an array of network based technologies.
In conjunction with the rest of the team and under the supervision of the team leader, the engineer is responsible for the timely action of customer service requests, within agreed service levels and ensure effective and professional communication with all relevant parties.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administration of infrastructure management tools
- Provide pro-active monitoring and management of all network equipment, to ensure that the equipment is running efficiently and up to date
- Resolve customer technical problems which have been escalated from the Service Desk, or from other Support Teams, this usually involves communication with the customer
- Regularly update technical knowledge through the means of self-study and available resources
- Work as a team to resolve high priority incidents ensuring a speedy resolution within SLA targets
- Act as a technical lead within the team and drive P1/P2 incident resolution
- Provide support to team members and share knowledge were needed
- Perform On-Call and after hour\’s escalation and support on a rotational basis
- Provide monthly reporting on customer network capacity and performance
Knowledge, Skills, and Work Experience:
- Previous experience in a Network role for a minimum of 4 years.
- Cisco Catalyst switches, Cisco Nexus Switches (7K, 5K and 1Kv), Cisco Routers, Cisco Call Manager, Cisco centralised wireless solutions
- HP switches (54xx and rack mount)
- ASA, FWSM and Checkpoint firewalls.
- F5 BIG IP LTM
- Bluecoat Proxy
- Working knowledge of basic network protocols TCP, OSPF, BGP, Spanning tree, HSRP, SIP etc.
- CCNP or equivalent level certifications (Bluecoat, Checkpoint or F5 vendor certifications) is a must!
- Able to work autonomously with minimal supervision or with a team
- Exceptional trouble shooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent customer service with strong communication skills
Apply now for immediate consideration or call Kenny on 03 8506 6552 for a confidential discussion.