- Linux Platform/Development Specialist
- 12 months contract on a view to extend
- Large Energy Client
- Port Macquarie
Adaps has been scouted to source Linux Platform / Development Specialist for a Large Energy Client @ Port Macquarie.
The role is to provide highly skilled technical support to the Operational Technology (OT) Manager, focused on supporting and maintaining Linux based systems in secured, segregated networks.
- Provide expert technical support to the OT Manager
- Oversee the existing and future Linux fleet of servers both physical and virtual
- Coordinate Operational Systems activities balancing Operational and Project demands
- Represent Operational Technology Services at Project meetings
- Support and guidance to other members of the team
- Develop support, monitoring and automation scripts to reduce human interaction
Skills and Experience
- Technical Lead experience on projects relating to enterprise systems
- Experience in managing multiple deliverables and deadlines
- Maturity in working within a team – ability to lead when required
- Experience in supporting and maintaining key business applications
- Experience with ITIL processes
- Strong understanding of the principles, development and the effective application of system support and maintenance practices
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for change focused on safety, security, quality, continuous improvement and operation efficiency
- Experience in working within project teams to deliver project outcomes.
- Strong development experience in languages relevant to UNIX systems including: PERL, bash, PHP, C#, C++, MSSQL, Oracle SQL, Mysql SQL
- Solid understanding protocols at their different functional levels: HTTP, ajax, Rest, json, SOAP, XML, CSV
- Determination of requirements, and the development of application maintenance and support procedures, and operational utilities
- Extensive experience in the administration of operating systems (Windows and Linux/UNIX). Ability to leverage OS facilities for application support purposes
- Working knowledge of network architecture and design principles especially related to segregation of secure network elements such as DMZs, management, and control networks.
- Ability to work under pressure with changing and competing priorities.
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Illa on 03 85 066 527 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.