- Middleware developer with strong PL/SQL and C Skills
- Experience with 24×7 realtime systems
- Lead Development role
Title Lead Software Developer
Summary Role description
Middleware developer with strong PL/SQL and C Skills
Manages the technical design, development and maintenance of applications and systems using existing and emerging technology
Writes and delivers complex code and modules for new features, debugs existing code and modules, and as the \”technical lead\” guides less experienced Developers – FTEs, Contractors, Offshore Partner Resources – on such activities.
Participates in the development of coding practices, guidelines and all technical processes and ensures they are followed by less experienced Developers.
Owns the assignment and allocation of defects to appropriate Developers for fixing.
Participates in gathering, managing and analyzing requirements to design new application and system features.
Is responsible for overall estimates produced by less experienced Developers on a team for all technical work.
Education and Professional Qualifications
· Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Sciences or Engineering.
· Professional programming certification in a mainstream programming language is a plus.
· Formal training in project management preferred.
To obtain security clearance you must be a citizen!
· 8+ years experience in a software engineering environment designing and developing software application features.
Knowledge and Skills
· Demonstrate the ability to be the lead technical role on small to medium sized projects.
· Thorough understanding of the software development cycle and associated project management techniques.
· Ability to develop effort estimates and lead the estimation process for projects of medium to high complexity.
· Demonstrate a good understanding of customers\’ business objectives for assigned projects.
· Solid knowledge of mainstream Object Orientated Languages C, C++, Java or similar and a Procedural language such as
PL/SQL. (C mandatory, Java preferred)
· Advanced Unix shell scripting skills
· Working experience with 24×7 realtime systems.
· Message-Oriented Middleware(MOM) skills
· Working experience with open source XML & cryptographic libraries such as Expat & Nettle
· Solid knowledge of SOA: XML Web Services, SOAP.
· Solid knowledge of IT security concepts and ability to use them while designing and developing code.
Solid knowledge of developing and designing code to interface to one or more RDBMS databases, or ability to undertake
Oracle database application development.
Demonstrate the ability to apply application design concepts: object-oriented design, design patterns, ASP.NET, Database
· Demonstrate the ability to use DataSet, SQL, stored procedures or develop stored procedures maximizing performance.
· Advanced knowledge of version control / source code management.
· Sound knowledge of and ability to apply standard software development principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
· Ability to coordinate multiple technical streams of work to produce a complete solution.
· Ability to develop detailed designs for or lead the design of small to medium systems or features in large applications.
· Ability to make trade-offs on programming choices based on risk assessment.
· Demonstrate an understanding of methodologies and practices.
· Demonstrate solid understanding of CMMI and ability to lead teams to embrace and apply underlying principles.
· Ability to work well both independently or as a member of a team.