- Jr. Site Reliability Engineer
- Permanent opportunity
- Melbourne Based role – Tier 1 Bank
- Salary on offer upto $110K incl Super + bonus + other perks
- Work life balance, discounts on home loans etc
About the role:
- The ideal candidates will be familiar with current technologies provided through Amazon Web Services or Azure. A focus will be placed on your ability to demonstrate an understanding of development practices, containers and microservice architectures. Experience with infrastructure as code and CI/CD pipelines is required.
- In addition to your technical capability, you will be a proven team player, independent thinker and have a collaborative attitude towards your work and colleagues.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Work with high performing team to implement and maintain highly available and scalable solutions in cloud environments
- Implement and maintain monitoring solutions for Web applications and micro services architecture
- Develop and contribute towards tooling to aid in the maintenance, performance and reliability of the platform
- Implement SRE practices of reducing TOIL by improving current processes via automation and reduce manual effort
- Implement concepts of Error Budget to ensure new features change will not result in degradation of agreed service reliability or performance objectives
- Solve availability/performance issues and build software-based solutions to proactively improve reliability of services
- Build and maintain CI/CD pipelines using a tech stack of GIT, AWS, Jenkins, Docker, Terraform and Ansible
- Be part of a roster to provide out of hours technical support
- Work in an agile environment
- Work closely with developers, devops, and senior site reliability engineers to execute platform requirements and priorities
Skills & Experience
- Experience working in development as either a software or devops engineer.
- Exposure to CI/CD pipelines using a tech stack of GIT, AWS, Jenkins, Docker, Terraform and Ansible is highly desirable
- Experience setting up monitoring and dashboarding solutions. Knowledge of Splunk or AppDynamics are highly desirable
- Prior experience dealing with Production issues
- Good understanding of either microservice or Frontend web application architecture is desirable
- Experience working with AWS services. Azure knowledge is a bonus
- Experience with scripting languages such as Node.js, Python
- Possess good analytical skills
- Understanding of Agile practices and experience working in an agile environment
How to apply:
- Please apply using the link below or call Suzy- 03 8804 5883 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.