Seeking a motivated, self-starter Senior Analyst Engineer to provide back-end Java development capability within client\’s Payments Integration team; one of the pillars of Client\’s product functions, and an area of significant strategic focus.
The role of Senior Analyst Engineering will provide critical thinking and a high degree of technical innovation and attention to detail while being recognised as a trusted advisor to the team and stakeholders. You will be versatile, display leadership qualities and enthusiasm to take on new problems across the full SDLC.
Having honed your Java back-end skills over many years, you\’re interested in extending the use of those skills to technically guide others who are earlier in their career journey.
- Analyse, design, implement features that
- Enhance the business or customer experience.
- Automate technology operational processes, including change deployment, application resilience, monitoring/alerting, and user self-service.
- Taking guidance from the Principal Engineer, set standards for design, process, and tech workload allocation within the scrum team. Ensures sufficient design guidance exists at story kick-off.
- Take ownership and accountability for production service, including fix on fail, problem investigation, root cause determination and resolution.
- Participate in delivery of automated production change, understanding change content, executing change control procedures, appropriate technical and business verification, and user communications.
- Participate in and provide quality assurance activities, including code reviews, white-box testing, test coverage for own work, and test framework maintenance. Debugging and fixing code defects.
- Production Support – the role requires the successful applicant to be on primary support for critical payments applications no more than 1 week out of 6.
What you will bring:
- Experience as a Java developer (c.10 years), ideally with Banking and/or Finance industry exposure.
- Core Java (ideally Java 8 or greater), J2EE, MDB, EJB and Spring experience.
- Camel or Spring integration. Experience with high-volume, fault-tolerant applications Integration, microservice patterns.
- Experience with distributed, event driven systems and using messaging protocols. Messaging middleware such as IBM MQ, Apache Kafka preferred.
- Build and automation tools (Ant, Gradle (Kotlin DSL/Groovy), Jenkins, Python/Jython, Artifactory, Terraform, SonarQube).
- Experience with the following also strongly preferred: Spring Boot, Angular 4+, RDBMS (ideally Oracle), Webservices (REST/SOAP), Apache Camel, Docker, SCM (Git), BDD (JBehave/Cucumber), & Unit Testing (Junit, Mockito, JMockit).
- Established network and platform (*nix) skills, Cloud hosting (AWS preferred)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to deal with stakeholders (both users and product owners)
- Interest in the entire application stack; from network, security, through platform OS to application code, including cloud hosting, but an over-riding desire to write code.
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Alex on 03 9118 2002 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.