- Java Backend Developer – AWS
- 12 Month Contract with Tier 1 Bank (with a view to extension)
- Location: Melbourne or Sydney
- Daily rate on offer upto $1200/day (Incl of Super)
- This role will provide critical thinking and a high degree of technical innovation and attention to detail while being recognised as a trusted advisor to the team and stakeholders. You will be versatile, display leadership qualities and enthusiasm to take on new problems across the full SDLC.
- Having honed your Java back-end skills over many years, you’re interested in extending the use of those skills to technically guide others who are earlier in their career journey.
- Opportunities for career progression throughout the business
- Great engaging work environment where customer advocacy is highly valued
What you will bring:
- Experience as a Java developer (c.10 years), ideally with Banking and/or Finance industry exposure.
- Integration, microservice patterns.
- Experience with distributed, event driven systems and using messaging protocols. Messaging middleware such as IBM MQ, Apache Kafka preferred.
- Build and automation tools (Ant, Gradle (Kotlin DSL/Groovy), Jenkins, Python/Jython, Artifactory, Terraform, SonarQube).
- Experience with the following also strongly preferred: Java 8+, J2EE, MDB, Spring Boot, Angular 4+, RDBMS (ideally Oracle), Webservices (REST/SOAP), Apache Camel, Docker, SCM (Git), BDD (JBehave/Cucumber), & Unit Testing (Junit, Mockito, JMockit).
- Established network and platform (*nix) skills, Cloud hosting (AWS preferred)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to deal with stakeholders (both users and product owners)
- Interest in the entire application stack; from network, security, through platform OS to application code, including cloud hosting, but an over-riding desire to write code.
- Analyse, design, implement features that
- Enhance the business or customer experience.
- Automate technology operational processes, including change deployment, application resilience, monitoring/alerting, and user self-service.
- Taking guidance from the Principal Engineer, set standards for design, process, and tech workload allocation within the scrum team. Ensures sufficient design guidance exists at story kick-off.
- Take ownership and accountability for production service, including fix on fail, problem investigation, root cause determination and resolution.
- Participate in delivery of automated production change, understanding change content, executing change control procedures, appropriate technical and business verification, and user communications.
- Participate in and provide quality assurance activities, including code reviews, white-box testing, test coverage for own work, and test framework maintenance. Debugging and fixing code defects.
- Production Support – the role requires the successful applicant to be on primary support for critical payments applications no more than 1 week out of 6.
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Ram – 0480 047 901 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received.
If you have experience in Java back-end with AWS over many years and currently holds Australian Permanent Residency Visa or Citizenship, we would love to hear from you
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.
For Search purposes – Java Developer, Backend Java Developer, Senior Developer – Java Backend, Senior Analyst Engineer, Senior Java Developer, Java Backend Developer