About the role
In an incredibly competitive and diverse IT market, Microsoft stands alone as the one vendor whose products are pervasive throughout just about every organisation on the planet. As Microsoft has brought new products, services and cloud offerings to market, customer spend has steadily increased, almost unnoticed, until now. With Microsoft having a near monopolistic position, many of their customers feel reluctant and powerless in an attempt to either reign in the spend or obtain a better deal for themselves and are turning to independent advisory firms like us for help.
Leading and growing clients Microsoft Advisory team this multi-faceted role combines your knowledge of Microsoft licensing, your ability to run a client engagement and direct a team of Microsoft professionals to deliver the optimal client focused outcomes for their relationship with Microsoft.
- Being the expert in Microsoft Licensing across Applications, User, Server, Developer and Cloud based offerings.
- Maintaining and growing this proficiency through research and active participation in forums, industry bodies, events, briefings and other industry activities.
- Managing the growth and profitability of the Microsoft practice, including the strategy and messaging for the product line.
- Face to face client interaction throughout the development of Microsoft sales opportunities, through to running and delivering the advisory project, including:
- Preparing for, running and minuting regular client meetings.
- Allocation of tasks to the optimally skilled Microsoft professional within the team.
- Some project management and engagement planning.
- Client communications, including vetting and authoring of reports to be provided as part of the deliverables
- Review and interpretation of data around Microsoft licensing including but not limited to VLSC Reports, RVTools output, SAM tool reports and Customer Price Sheets
- Working with the team to construct optimal Microsoft Bills of Materials for clients, including bundles and promotions.
- Understanding Microsoft Support Arrangements and the ability to advise on future options.
- Identifying upselling and crossing opportunities from within the portfolio.
- Development of learning and development plans for your Microsoft team
The primary objective of this role will be to lead the team to deliver high quality and efficient Microsoft advisory engagements.
Skills and Experience:
- At least 8 years experience working either for Microsoft, or a Microsoft Licensing Solution Provider, or as a Microsoft Business Relationship owner within a Corporate or Government Customer.
- Specialist experience with either SCE or EAS licensing with the ability to expand the speciality across the other licensing types.
- Knowledge of Azure contracts, including usage of sizing tools and pricing calculators
- General knowledge of the Microsoft portfolio and roadmap
- General knowledge of Microsoft support arrangements
- Software Asset Management literate including knowledge of tools, vendors, and outputs of these tools.
- Experience creating client reports that summarise the value of engagements.
- Experience in analysing large datasets, deriving insights from the data and communicating those insights to key stakeholders.
- Team leadership, with the proven ability to build and manage a team.
- Sales/presales and presentation skills are high desirable
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Alex on 03 9118 2002 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.