This is predominately a field based technical role that is required to undertake the Installation, investigation, auditing, testing and rectification of a wide range of metering installations. This role will support the metering team and you will need a flexible, can do attitude with a strong emphasis on Health and Safety.
A background in Distribution Metering (WC & CT), Contestable Metering and Network procedures is preferred. The role may require some travel to regional area\’s and may also require working on other Distribution Business\’s assets.
This work is predominantly undertaken autonomously therefore there is a need to exercise judgement, set priorities and schedule work to meet deadlines.
- Provide a safe working environment for Staff and the Public
- Perform WC & CT meter installation, testing and fault rectification as required to achieve Business targets.
- Contestable Metering (Installation, Testing, Fault identification and rectification)
- Embedded Metering (Installation, Testing, Fault identification and rectification)
- Network Metering (Ausnet & Jemena) (Installation, Testing, Fault identification and rectification)
- Report all non-compliance issues that arise by preparing or contributing to reports that recommend technical improvements or corrective actions.
- Provide support in the creation of new and the maintenance of existing Safety & Quality Standards, Work Practices, Procedures and Metering Standards.
- Attend tool box meetings to keep up to date of any new or updated Safety & Quality Standard, Work Practice, Procedure, Metering Standard or Hazard/Safety Alert..
- Conduct field based technical audits on metering installations to ensure all safety, compliance, regulatory and industry standards have been adhered to.
- Other duties as required
| As Meter Technician activities are predominantly undertaken autonomously it is expected that the role requires a degree of accountability and independent judgement. These include:
- Understanding the goals and KPI\’s of the business
- Knowing what is happening in the business and how it is performing against targets
- Demonstrating accountability
- Finding opportunity to reduce costs.
- Capability of 100% job management
- Acting responsibly concerning equipment, tools, vehicles etc.
- Contributing ideas for business success.
| Reasoning / Judgement / Problem Solving Requirements
| Business systems, processes and equipment are continually subjected to regulatory and business changes. This process of improving and changing technology (in either complexity or price) flows throughout the business creating the following challenges for the role.
- Taking on new types of work internally and externally and ensuring work is completed satisfactorily and to all relevant standards.
- Working with any new changes that might be introduced to business.
- Identifying and trialling new ways of approaching work.
- Assisting the development of new systems & processes.
- Effectively communicating variety of stakeholders to meet business and customer expectations.
- Prioritise work so that work can be completed effectively
- Managing competing projects and work demands
- Timely and accurate delivery of information
- Managing stakeholder and customer expectations
|It is a pre-requisite that you have:
- CT Metering, Contestable Metering, Solar Metering, AMI and Metering & Servicing experience preferred but not essential. Training will be provided for the right applicant.
- Travel to Regional area\’s may be required to back fill for leave or unexpected work volumes
If you believe you can meet these requirements please apply below