- Digital Product Manager
- 12 months Contract opportunity with view to extend
- Melbourne based (Candidates in Sydney OR Brisbane are welcome to apply!)
- Large Insurance & Healthcare Org
- $1000 – $1200 per day Incl super (Flexible for the right candidate)
- The Digital Product Manager is responsible for managing client digital products / services, and acts as the bridge between the business, customers, and delivery teams to ensure we drive both customer satisfaction and business value.
- As a product manager you will be driving the strategy and overall success of the product / service through a solid understanding of the market, the business, and the customer:
- You will be accountable for ensuring appropriate levels of discovery before initiative enters the delivery system, the role works tirelessly to ensure a balance between the commercial and customer outcomes. Taking a data-driven approach, this role will focus on forming and validating hypotheses to identify the right product/market fit for all new ideas or concepts.
- The role takes a strategic forward view of the channel coordinates with key resources while ensuring alignment to strategic themes and pillars to ensure the delivery approach is appropriate and well defined.
- This role is heavily involved in partnering with the Senior Product Manager to drive the strategic roadmap for their product domain. This role needs to understand the market, the business, and the customer to be empowered to make the right decisions around the roadmap to drive a holistic domain product strategy and vision.
- The role is also accountable for leadership and professional development of a Product Owner
- The role uses both customer value and business value to increase the value of the product / service and prioritise work for delivery teams and the business:
- Continually act as the voice of the customer and business in all situations
- Deliver the Product Roadmap by translating it into initiatives and features for A/B or multivariate testing, and a Program Backlog
- Prioritise the backlog, ensuring stakeholders and delivery teams understand the various initiatives and the value of each item
- Identify and break down themes in to features, including MVP/iterative approaches to value delivery
- Continuous communication with stakeholders to seek alignment
- Communicate and motivate the tribe with a merchandising product vision that communicates the benefits of the product
- Own, manage and communicate the Product Roadmap
- Perform market, competitive, customer analysis
- Identify opportunities and problem spaces, articulate market and customer needs
- Manage the product through its lifecycle (not just its development)
- Understand the market, the business and the customer so that you drive the right decisions: liaise with customer research teams; collaborate with design teams to create great customer experiences; work closely with business stakeholders to understand business drivers; work closely with analytics.
Qualifications, Training and Experience
- Experience working in an Agile delivery environment as a Digital Product Manager:
- Developing non-functional requirements that can be translated into epics and features
- Different approaches to prioritisation
- Backlog creation and grooming
- Good understanding of Scrum
- An understanding of Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) is a plus
- Solid knowledge of Lean product and customer development.
- Experience forming a Product Strategy/Vision, the ability to translate it into a roadmap, and can turn that into a backlog.
- The ability to communicate, facilitate, collaborate and lead – and know when to use each.
- An appreciation for Human Centred Design.
- An analytical focus with an appreciation of data analysis, commercial drivers, business viability and technical feasibility.
- A mix of Agile, Lean and HCD approaches and are familiar with a range of digital tools and frameworks to support your vision, roadmaps, analysis and reporting.
- Team leadership experience managing Product Managers and/or Product Owners
- A tertiary qualification (or equivalent experience).
- Experience in Adobe Analytics or other analytics platforms
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Nick on 03 9034 5210 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.