Data Solution Architect (DSA) will facilitate, and drive architecture decisions required to deliver high quality, secured data solutions, which underpin strategic programs and initiatives. It is a technical role that is responsible for creating the solution architecture, design, and best practices, in collaboration with Engineering leads, particularly focusing on Data Engineering, Integration and Analytics capabilities. DSA will typically employ different techniques including, but not limited to, deep technical architecture and application integration design discussions, data discovery and modelling, proof-of-concepts, demonstrations, and technical workshops, to arrive at the best-fit architecture.
Skills and Knowledge
- Deep understanding of Cloud Computing technologies (including open source).
- Master in creating scalable, secure and modern Data Solution Architecture on the Cloud (GCP).
- Expert in Data Warehousing, Data Platform modernisation, data migration and Enterprise Integration Patterns.
- Expert in Dimensional and Data Vault data modelling techniques.
- Advanced skills in Distributed Columnar Data Warehouse technologies such as Google BigQuery
- Advanced skills in data integration design patterns (ETL / ELT Batch, Real-time streams, messages, APIs, dbt)
- Proficient programming skills in SQL, Python
- Proficient in designing solutions to operationalise Advanced Analytics ( ML models )
- Expert in running POCs and reviewing designs/providing guidance adhering to standards and principles.
- Expert in facilitation and leading teams and initiatives.
- Master in establishing deep relationships with key technical resources, leadership and executives.
- Strong communication and collaboration abilities in addition to technical depth
- Expert level understanding of Data Governance, Privacy, Cyber Security, and Identity and Access Management
- Establish guiding principles and design standards where not available, and fine tune existing standards to ensure consistency.
- Collaborate with Engineering Leads, Data Engineers and other Solution Architects to embed the principles and standards.
- Function as the point of contact for other business units in relation to Data Platform Architecture.
- Understand and articulate the costs and benefits of architectural choices to key stakeholders.
- Feed into Data Technology Strategy
- input into prioritisation and planning
- Understand current state and create the target data model on GCP (BQ) to facilitate efficient migration, storage and retrieval of data for reporting and analytics purposes.
- Create the high level data integration design patterns required to migrate historical data from legacy DW (Oracle) to BQ.
- Assist in estimating the effort and resources required to migrate from legacy data warehouse to Cloud data platform.
- Break down delivery into cohesive elements and prioritise with product delivery management.
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Steve on 03 8506 6530 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements