- Community Planner and GIS Officer
- Short term, fulltime contract – 2 months
- Local Government – Werribee VIC
COMMUNITY PLANNER & GIS OFFICER
The team is responsible for both social policy and planning and community development functions within the local council department.
- Undertake analysis of data to identify service planning requirements and assist with facility audits
- Consolidate all current and future planned community infrastructure in preparation for uploading onto a new database
- Liaise with GIS and develop a series of Community Infrastructure maps
- Begin mapping service planning catchments
- Create a system for all council owned community infrastructure that includes CAD documents of floor plans, site plans, and all relevant information
- Undertake preparatory work for the commencement of community infrastructure audits. This will include Fit for Purpose assessments and this will also inform the asset management database.
- Experience in community planning, spatial representation and/or social research
- Understanding and experience with GeoMedia, CAD and AssetMaster (or similar products)
- GIS skills including map creation and the presentation of data in a digital map format
- Knowledge of relevant GIS software, GeoMedia, CAD and Asset master
- Tertiary qualifications relevant to the position (Community Development, Planning, Social Research).
Apply here or contact Damian on 03 8506 6553. Applications close 29/10/2015.