- Chatbot Engineer
- Permanent opportunity
- Melbourne based role – Tier 1 Bank
- Salary on offer upto $140k Inc Super + bonus + other perks
- Work life balance, discounts on home loans etc
- Collaborate with the SMEs from the Service Support teams to understand the current workflows and help design autonomous solutions empowered by chosen AI IP stack (Azure, Google, AWS, etc.)
- Contribute to the solution design, usually in collaboration with business analysts, platform architects, security architects and product owners
- Work closely with other software engineers in a hands-on fashion, to implement the solutions in a programming environment
- Bachelor\’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
- Strong relevant industry experience in a technical role, including cloud development, user experience, machine learning and data analytics at the enterprise level:
- MS Azure (2-3 years),
- Chatbot DevOps (2-3 years),
- ServiceNow experience, and
- Service desk or customer service (desirable)
- Solid programming experience in NLP, NLU, NLG, R, Python, Matlub, Java, Node JS, C#
- Ability to build guided conversations for a chat bot technology platform
- Strong understanding of operating systems & networking concepts.
- Expert knowledge of CI/CD Platforms like Managed Kubernetes Service (AKS), Container Platforms, Compliance Build Automation, Agile, and Developer, AppSec tools.
- Good understanding of storage, load balancers, virtualization, web, database and messaging services with the ability to dive deep into any of these areas when necessary.
- Proven knowledge and expertise in the digital space
- High attention to detail and always ready to push the limits
- Six sigma certifications (at least Green Belt) is desired with experience of at least three enterprise level process improvement projects
- End-to-End customer experience management is desired
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross functional DevOps team environment
- Experience building machine learning algorithms, and then testing results against trained data sets, using unstructured inputs and converting them into structured form is desired
- Excellent communication skills
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Ricky on 03 7035 0108 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.