- Sydney (Can work anywhere from Australia)
- 6 Months -view to extend
- Large Financial Organization
Join our engineering team and play a lead role in driving the next evolution of our Data and Analytics Platforms. As a Lead Data Engineer focused on platforms acceleration, you\’ll bring with you significant hands-on experience in building, implementing and enhancing enterprise scale data platforms. You\’ll possess an in-depth knowledge of big data technologies and a desire to work in a DevOps environment where you will have end-to-end accountability for developing, deploying and supporting your data assets as well as creating templates and implementation methods and standards.
We anticipate that to excel in this role you will have:
- Strong and proven hands-on experience in implementing data integration tools (such as Talend, DataStage or Informatica), data warehouses, data lakes, and reporting tools
- Strong Big Data and Hadoop experience with main focus on Spark, Hive, Presto (or other query engines), big data storage formats (such as Parquet, ORC, Avro)
- Proven Data Architecture experience (including different data modelling techniques such as 3NF models, star schemas or Data Vault), Data Governance and broader Information Management domain
- Practical exposure and deep understanding of implementation aspects for a number of database solutions – including classic databases (such as Oracle, DB2 or Microsoft SQL Server), analytical appliances (such as Teradata, Vertica or Netezza) and modern Cloud-based PaaS solutions (such as Snowflake or AWS Redshift)
- Excellent troubleshooting, optimization, tuning and problem solving skills
- Ability to formulate data strategies and roadmap, with an unwavering focus on execution
- Experience of solution architecture and high-level design with an ability to present options, recommendations, estimation and technical planning
- Experience working in a DevOps model in an Agile environment
- Prior working experience with AWS – any or all of EC2, S3, RDS, EMR, Athena
- Persuasive communication, influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Experience (recommended) in financial services, preferably banking domain.
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Steve on 02 9057 9052 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.