This Solution Architect role specialises in the BI space and will work as a subject matter expert to support our Azure Data Platform (including Azure Synapse, Azure Data Lake, Power BI, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Bricks) by architecting and designing use cases to be delivered on the platform to meet business requirements.
Responsibilities / Activities
- Architect and design use cases to be delivered on the Azure Data Platform to enable migration from legacy Data Platforms as well as meet new requirements ensuring they are fit for purpose and cost effective
- Collaborate and work with team members and partners to ensure clear definitions and agreement on requirements
- Scope, size and prioritise activities required to deliver key business outcomes
- Provide technical advice across the BI and Azure Data Platform landscape
- Reverse engineer data models into BI aligned data models
- Support the development of data modelling aligned to the Data Vault 2.0 standards
- Develop design documents, architecture artefacts, support guides and handover documentation ensuring artefacts produced are fit for purpose, adhere to the architecture standards and patterns, and are produced by the required deadlines
- Define, champion and mentor project members in the use of sound Data Principles, Frameworks and Best Practices with to develop and deploy solutions in the Azure Data Platform
- Engage throughout the project life cycle with key stakeholders, technical SMEs, and data governance stakeholders to ensure that solution designs are delivered and comply with the appropriate levels of technical quality attributes
Skills / Experience
- Proficient in the Microsoft Azure data platform technology stack (Azure Synapse (formerly Azure Datawarehouse), Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Bricks, Power BI)
- Previous experience in modern data platforms and experience in integrating with legacy systems into the data platforms
- Understanding of Conceptual, Logical and Physical data modelling, including the ability reverse engineer data models into BI aligned data models
- Working knowledge of Data Vault 2.0 modelling standards
- Strong analytical ability with a capability to pitch technical information to staff at multiple levels within the organisation (including non-technical audiences)
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills.
- Work with autonomy whilst collaborating with the broader team as needed.
- The ability work through business requirements, understanding of business needs and drivers and the ability to advise on the best course of action
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to manage relationships and consult with stakeholder groups to enable gathering and analysis of requirements to meet business needs
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Alex on 03 9118 2002 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.