About the role
The Analyst, Quality Engineer will be part of a specialist team/community working across all disciplines (Testing Framework Adoption and Enablement, Test Automation, Continuous Integration/ Continuous Delivery (CI/CD), SDLC Testing, Performance Engineering, Service Virtualisation & Monitoring and Quality Analytics), to enable and transform Quality practises within one or more of the Banks Technology Service Teams. This will require innovation by setting and owning the framework with new and existing tools, processes, practices and industrialising them into a regular delivery cycle supporting the team way of working.
The successful candidate will be required to have growth mindset, develop and apply relevant specialist knowledge and experience to understand, influence and advise internal and/or external clients.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Support improvement in software quality including automated testing coverage meeting operational and security controls (towards 100%)
- Assist quality improvements and requirements needs in feature / story acceptance criteria
- Automate manual testing, assist in the transition of testing done by third parties and integrate to Testing Framework
- Support team effort estimates and actuals to deliver stories/features
- Maintain and execute automation test framework for the service, ensuring traceability back to user stories
- Support Service Team in performing testing as part of day to day operations to maintain compliance
Your background & experience:
- Demonstrated experience as a Tester/Quality Engineer
- Experience in the use of Tools such as Selenium, Postman, Performance centre, JMeter, Gradle, Jenkins, GitHub
- Must have Java or related experience
- Knowledge in API testing, Messaging and Eventing such MQ and Kafka
- Automated testing as part of CI/CD and service availability
- Working experience in various forms of testing with automation including system, functional, regression, progression, integration, and performance testing
- End to end testing in an integrated and/complex environments
- Ability to enhance Quality framework to support delivery and operations of services or applications
- Strong verbal communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
- Time bound testing skills and ability to meet specified deadlines
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Alex on 03 9118 2002 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.