ADABAS Natural Programmer
Contract for 4-6 months
Australian citizens are preferred
One of the large Government client is currently looking for a ADABAS Natural Programmer. The ADABAS Natural Developer is responsible for developing, maintaining and supporting IT applications to deliver projects and solutions, meeting business needs.
- Contribute to project delivery by assisting in developing technical specifications, systems design and operational support documentation;
- Develop robust and future-proof application solutions in accordance with the approved software development lifecycle;
- Develop applications that comply with the Client information technology policies, procedures, standards and security practices by maintaining awareness of and applying requirements and architecture standards and taking corrective action where necessary;
- Provide ongoing support and maintenance of applications by troubleshooting, detecting and correcting faults and performing technical impact analysis;
- Liaise with Architects, Senior Analyst Programmers, functional specialists and other technical/end user staff to ensure solutions meet business requirements;
- Contribute to developing continuous improvement within the team by undertaking peer code reviews;
- Document current business process flows;
- Gather and analyse business and technical requirements;
- Adhere to all Client policies and guidelines including information security;
- All other tasks as directed by the Project Manager and/or PMO related to delivering / supporting the Project;
- Required to participate in security vetting procedures prior to engagement and/or at regular intervals (generally every 12 months) during contract period
Selection Criteria (SC):
- Demonstrated experience in developing solution designs, technical specifications and systems designs in the relevant technologies;
- Demonstrated experience and competency in NATURAL Programming including both in Online and Batch modes;
- Demonstrated ability to conduct full design and code reviews for new and modified modules;
- Demonstrated experience in ADABAS Database\’s manipulation using NATURAL;
- Demonstrated experience in JCL, TSO and partitioned data sets;
- Knowledge in the development of web based application using for example AJAX, HTML, XHTML, XML, CSS, JSP, JAVA;
- Demonstrated extensive experience using a relevant (Agile, Waterfall or Rational Unified Process) software development lifecycle;
- Demonstrated ability participate in joint application design sessions with appropriate users and liaise with Client Services to achieve user requirements;
- Demonstrated ability to deal professionally, tactfully and effectively with various stakeholders (both internally and externally) at all organisational levels.
Please send your CV along with the above selection criteria in a word format.
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call Sanky or 03 8506 6525. Applications close on the 15th of January or based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Connect with Adaps:
- Facebook: httpssss://www.facebook.com/AdapsIT
- LinkedIn: httpsss://www.linkedin.com/company/adaps
- Website: www.adaps.com.au